She is being closely monitored in the Neuro Critical Care Unit at University of Utah hospital in Salt Lake City. Dr. Safdar Ansari is coordinating a team of doctors caring for the 29-year-old skier.
In a statement released by Burke's publicist, Ansari says doctors are focused on the "primary injury and preventing secondary brain damage," as well as managing other injuries from Tuesday's accident at the superpipe at Park City Mountain Resort.
He says more time is needed before any prognosis can be determined.
A press conference is scheduled for Monday at the University of Utah Clinical Neurosciences Center.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 81
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20
- Utes have a lot of depth on the... 18
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 18