She is being closely monitored in the Neuro Critical Care Unit at University of Utah hospital in Salt Lake City. Dr. Safdar Ansari is coordinating a team of doctors caring for the 29-year-old skier.
In a statement released by Burke's publicist, Ansari says doctors are focused on the "primary injury and preventing secondary brain damage," as well as managing other injuries from Tuesday's accident at the superpipe at Park City Mountain Resort.
He says more time is needed before any prognosis can be determined.
A press conference is scheduled for Monday at the University of Utah Clinical Neurosciences Center.
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 100
- Morning links: National college... 98
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 80
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 7