T.J. Kirkpatrick, Deseret News
I am 14, and one of my only ways to get around on my own is to ride my bike. I live in Holladay and one of the roads I bike on is 3900 South. This road is not biker friendly. I can ride on the sidewalk or ride in a lane of traffic. Neither of these options is appealing.
I think that it would be a smart, safe and an environmentally sound idea to make a bike lane. This could be done by painting a bike lane on the road like what they have downtown. I think that the pay off of painting this bike lane onto the street would be greater than the cost of painting the lane.
- Doug Robinson: Horrific crimes show the thin...
- Which states are best for tax payers?
- Letter: Right and wrong
- In our opinion: Western land standoff aside,...
- Lois M. Collins: Ukraine hoax fuels anger,...
- Jay Evensen: No more rent for inmates —...
- Robert Bennett: Immigration reform should...
- Letter: Science consensus is slow, methodical
- Letter: Right and wrong 81
- My view: Anti-science ruins the climate... 67
- Robert Bennett: Immigration reform... 63
- There are no Frodos without Sams: The... 47
- Letter: Science consensus is slow,... 47
- Letter: Amnesty for who? 43
- In our opinion: Confronted by power,... 39
- In our opinion: Dramatic transformation... 28