T.J. Kirkpatrick, Deseret News
I am 14, and one of my only ways to get around on my own is to ride my bike. I live in Holladay and one of the roads I bike on is 3900 South. This road is not biker friendly. I can ride on the sidewalk or ride in a lane of traffic. Neither of these options is appealing.
I think that it would be a smart, safe and an environmentally sound idea to make a bike lane. This could be done by painting a bike lane on the road like what they have downtown. I think that the pay off of painting this bike lane onto the street would be greater than the cost of painting the lane.
- Senate defeats Obama in Justice nod
- Letter: Religious freedom
- In our opinion: Maintaining balance
- Doug Robinson: Utah man discovers powerful...
- My view: Adoption legislation: Children...
- Jay Evensen: Don't mess with a great Utah...
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Americans' fearsome...
- Letter: Minimum Wage insufficient 63
- Has Obama's foreign policy emboldened... 62
- Jay Evensen: Obama could use a dose of... 60
- Letter: Religious freedom 37
- Obama's biggest test: Ukraine 33
- Robert Bennett: Keystone: What... 32
- In our opinion: Utah needs clean air... 24
- Michael Gerson: The GOP needs to... 22