T.J. Kirkpatrick, Deseret News
I am 14, and one of my only ways to get around on my own is to ride my bike. I live in Holladay and one of the roads I bike on is 3900 South. This road is not biker friendly. I can ride on the sidewalk or ride in a lane of traffic. Neither of these options is appealing.
I think that it would be a smart, safe and an environmentally sound idea to make a bike lane. This could be done by painting a bike lane on the road like what they have downtown. I think that the pay off of painting this bike lane onto the street would be greater than the cost of painting the lane.
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- Letter: Patriots or sheep?
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Cogitating on...
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 62
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 45
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 35
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah raise its gas... 28