T.J. Kirkpatrick, Deseret News
I am 14, and one of my only ways to get around on my own is to ride my bike. I live in Holladay and one of the roads I bike on is 3900 South. This road is not biker friendly. I can ride on the sidewalk or ride in a lane of traffic. Neither of these options is appealing.
I think that it would be a smart, safe and an environmentally sound idea to make a bike lane. This could be done by painting a bike lane on the road like what they have downtown. I think that the pay off of painting this bike lane onto the street would be greater than the cost of painting the lane.
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own 'killer...
- In our opinion: Labor Day revisited
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more than a...
- John Hoffmire: Monied interests and democracy
- In our opinion: Trouble on tap? Colleges...
- On second thought
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more... 48
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 46
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to... 39
- Letter: Society puzzles 33
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own... 28
- Americans are changing their tune on... 27
- In our opinion: Par for the president 24
- In our opinion: Trouble on tap?... 24