T.J. Kirkpatrick, Deseret News
I am 14, and one of my only ways to get around on my own is to ride my bike. I live in Holladay and one of the roads I bike on is 3900 South. This road is not biker friendly. I can ride on the sidewalk or ride in a lane of traffic. Neither of these options is appealing.
I think that it would be a smart, safe and an environmentally sound idea to make a bike lane. This could be done by painting a bike lane on the road like what they have downtown. I think that the pay off of painting this bike lane onto the street would be greater than the cost of painting the lane.
- Robert J. Samuelson: The Olympic sinkhole
- In our opinion: Finding – not forcing...
- Michael Gerson: The Dalai Lama's path to peace
- About Utah: Others opened the door, but she...
- Doug Robinson: Leonardo chief's doing a job...
- My view: Biggest reason for physician shortage
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look at the...
- In our opinion: Those intolerable TSA...
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 83
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 57
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 39
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the... 37
- My view: A de-sexed society is a... 35
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme... 24
- In our opinion: Those intolerable TSA... 22
- In our opinion: A social media enabled... 22