Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah right tackle Tony Bergstrom is a wanted man.
Since capping his career with the Utes in the Sun Bowl, the first-team All-Pac-12 honoree has been invited to participate in two all-star games and next months NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis.
Its cool, Bergstrom said. Its nice to be wanted.
The 6-foot-5, 315-pound offensive lineman has signed with an agent and is working out at the Athletes Performance Institute in Tempe, Ariz. He fielded invitations to both the East-West Shrine Game and Senior Bowl, but ultimately chose the latter.
Its an honor, Bergstrom said. I couldnt believe how awesome it was to be invited.
The Senior Bowl will be played Jan. 28 in Mobile, Ala., and will be broadcast on the NFL Network (2 p.m., MT).
In late February, Bergstrom will be in Indianapolis for the NFL Scouting Combine. A Pro Day at Utah will follow before the NFL Draft takes place April 26-28.
With so many opportunities ahead, Bergstrom said hes busy preparing and just living the dream for as long as I can.
- Gordon Hayward looks to get better at...
- National experts weigh in on the BYU Cougars'...
- 2015 Deseret News NFL Mock Draft: Wide...
- Analysis: Utah Jazz will be better, but will...
- Utahns in baseball: BYU alum Jaycob Brugman's...
- Amy Donaldson: South Summit High community...
- High school track: Top performances from 2015
- Rock On: Next Utah college coach to leave is ...
- Little offense as main players sit out... 102
- Brad Rock: BYU's window is closing; big... 101
- Ultimate football road trips:... 48
- Morning links: Duke in pursuit of Lone... 44
- Brighton wide receiver Simi Fehoko... 42
- BYU offense looking to move the ball,... 30
- Analysis: Utah Jazz will be better, but... 14
- Dave Rose hires May as BYU's director... 13