Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah right tackle Tony Bergstrom is a wanted man.
Since capping his career with the Utes in the Sun Bowl, the first-team All-Pac-12 honoree has been invited to participate in two all-star games and next months NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis.
Its cool, Bergstrom said. Its nice to be wanted.
The 6-foot-5, 315-pound offensive lineman has signed with an agent and is working out at the Athletes Performance Institute in Tempe, Ariz. He fielded invitations to both the East-West Shrine Game and Senior Bowl, but ultimately chose the latter.
Its an honor, Bergstrom said. I couldnt believe how awesome it was to be invited.
The Senior Bowl will be played Jan. 28 in Mobile, Ala., and will be broadcast on the NFL Network (2 p.m., MT).
In late February, Bergstrom will be in Indianapolis for the NFL Scouting Combine. A Pro Day at Utah will follow before the NFL Draft takes place April 26-28.
With so many opportunities ahead, Bergstrom said hes busy preparing and just living the dream for as long as I can.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26