Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah right tackle Tony Bergstrom is a wanted man.
Since capping his career with the Utes in the Sun Bowl, the first-team All-Pac-12 honoree has been invited to participate in two all-star games and next months NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis.
Its cool, Bergstrom said. Its nice to be wanted.
The 6-foot-5, 315-pound offensive lineman has signed with an agent and is working out at the Athletes Performance Institute in Tempe, Ariz. He fielded invitations to both the East-West Shrine Game and Senior Bowl, but ultimately chose the latter.
Its an honor, Bergstrom said. I couldnt believe how awesome it was to be invited.
The Senior Bowl will be played Jan. 28 in Mobile, Ala., and will be broadcast on the NFL Network (2 p.m., MT).
In late February, Bergstrom will be in Indianapolis for the NFL Scouting Combine. A Pro Day at Utah will follow before the NFL Draft takes place April 26-28.
With so many opportunities ahead, Bergstrom said hes busy preparing and just living the dream for as long as I can.
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look at...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football...
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act together
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- Injury-riddled BYU set to host WCC powerhouse...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 117
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 74
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 61
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 52