Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah right tackle Tony Bergstrom is a wanted man.
Since capping his career with the Utes in the Sun Bowl, the first-team All-Pac-12 honoree has been invited to participate in two all-star games and next months NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis.
Its cool, Bergstrom said. Its nice to be wanted.
The 6-foot-5, 315-pound offensive lineman has signed with an agent and is working out at the Athletes Performance Institute in Tempe, Ariz. He fielded invitations to both the East-West Shrine Game and Senior Bowl, but ultimately chose the latter.
Its an honor, Bergstrom said. I couldnt believe how awesome it was to be invited.
The Senior Bowl will be played Jan. 28 in Mobile, Ala., and will be broadcast on the NFL Network (2 p.m., MT).
In late February, Bergstrom will be in Indianapolis for the NFL Scouting Combine. A Pro Day at Utah will follow before the NFL Draft takes place April 26-28.
With so many opportunities ahead, Bergstrom said hes busy preparing and just living the dream for as long as I can.
- Utah Jazz: Analyzing 3 trade possibilities as...
- Emery scores career-high 37 points to lead...
- Rise and Shout: "Jeopardy!" contestants...
- 40-foot jumper by Lexi Rydalch secures BYU's...
- 13 locals invited to 2016 NFL Scouting Combine
- BYU football quiz: How well do you know the...
- Morning links: Kyle Van Noy, Eric Weddle...
- High school wrestling: Pleasant Grove dynasty...
- Emery scores career-high 37 points to... 58
- Rise and Shout: "Jeopardy!" contestants... 55
- 13 locals invited to 2016 NFL Scouting... 50
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out... 45
- Dick Harmon: Time running out for Dave... 45
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 44
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 40
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 39