Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah right tackle Tony Bergstrom is a wanted man.
Since capping his career with the Utes in the Sun Bowl, the first-team All-Pac-12 honoree has been invited to participate in two all-star games and next months NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis.
Its cool, Bergstrom said. Its nice to be wanted.
The 6-foot-5, 315-pound offensive lineman has signed with an agent and is working out at the Athletes Performance Institute in Tempe, Ariz. He fielded invitations to both the East-West Shrine Game and Senior Bowl, but ultimately chose the latter.
Its an honor, Bergstrom said. I couldnt believe how awesome it was to be invited.
The Senior Bowl will be played Jan. 28 in Mobile, Ala., and will be broadcast on the NFL Network (2 p.m., MT).
In late February, Bergstrom will be in Indianapolis for the NFL Scouting Combine. A Pro Day at Utah will follow before the NFL Draft takes place April 26-28.
With so many opportunities ahead, Bergstrom said hes busy preparing and just living the dream for as long as I can.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 83
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 62
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 29
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 21
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20