Dave Martin, Associated Press
Two people familiar with the decision say LSU All-American cornerback Morris Claiborne has decided to leave school a year early to enter the NFL draft.
The people spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because LSU has not announced Claiborne's decision. LSU has scheduled a press conference Thursday afternoon with coach Les Miles.
Claiborne, who led LSU with six interceptions this season and returned one for a touchdown, also won the Jim Thorpe Award as the nation's top defensive back. In addition, Claiborne was LSU's top kickoff returner, averaging 25 yards per return with one touchdown that went 99 yards.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- BYU's Tyler Haws' recovery from an ankle...
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head coach...
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 172
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 113
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 44