Rick Bowmer, Associated Press
PORTLAND, Ore. — Dwight Howard had 13 points and 13 rebounds and the Orlando Magic survived a late rally to hand the Portland Trail Blazers their first loss at home, 107-104 on Wednesday night.
The Blazers closed in on the Magic when Nicolas Batum's layup and LaMarcus Aldridge's wide-open jumper made it 96-93 with 2:38 left. Hedo Turkoglu answered for Orlando with a layup and a 3-pointer that appeared to seal the victory.
But Portland narrowed it again when Jamal Crawford and Wesley Matthews hit consecutive layups to make it 102-99 with 32.1 seconds to go. After Jason Richardson made a free throw, Crawford's finger-roll layup kept it close, but J.J. Reddick made four foul shots down the stretch.
Aldridge made a 3-pointer with 2.9 seconds left as the rally fell short.
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in...
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- BYU football enemy camp: 5 questions with a...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Texas A&M jumps, BYU and Texas garner more...
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- Dick Harmon: A visit to Greenwich, the place...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 72
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in... 63
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 37
- Texas will be without starting QB,... 33
- Utah Utes take stock of the offense... 31