"All I'm worried about is just continue to do what we're doing as a team and winning games. This is not (about) personal goals with me," Jefferson said. "I'm just doing my job, trying to win games, because it's not about Al Jefferson making the All-Star Game it's about the Utah Jazz making the playoffs."
RIGHTHAND MAN: Jefferson admits his post move can be a bit predictable, and opponents often defend his left shoulder to try to take away his signature move.
But his quote about the topic entered the hilariously unpredictable territory at Wednesday's shootaround.
"I think everybody play that shoulder because everybody know what I'm going to do," Big Al said. "Everybody know I'm going over that left shoulder."
That's when he said the unexpected.
"My left hand might as well be cut off," he joked. "If I didn't need it for rebounding I wouldn't even have it all."
MELLOW THE YELLOW: Jazz veteran Earl Watson played his college ball at UCLA and lives in Los Angeles during the offseason. His viewpoint on seeing yellow in the stands — especially in his own team's arena — has changed drastically over the years.
In other words, he doesn't like seeing it on EnergySolutions Arena spectators next to the Jazz fans he loves so much.
"Playing at UCLA, we always had fans (on the road) like that. I loved it," Watson said. He added with a smile, "Now that I'm on the other side, it's like, 'Who sold their tickets? C'mon, I thought we had faithful fans.' They (Lakers) always have a nice fanbase when they travel. It's part of their game. It's disappointing."
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: DJJazzyJody
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 48
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 39
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 36
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26