Elise Amendola, Associated Press
BOSTON — Dirk Nowitzki scored 16 points, driving past Kevin Garnett for the go-ahead layup with 5.1 seconds left and leading the Dallas Mavericks to a 90-85 victory over the Boston Celtics on Wednesday night.
Dallas led most of the game, but Paul Pierce hit a 3-pointer — just his second basket of the night — to tie it at 85 with 25 seconds to play. Former Celtic Delonte West dribbled the clock down to about 10 seconds before giving it to Nowitzki. The NBA finals MVP cut to the basket past Garnett and picked up a foul from Brandon Bass while floating the ball into the basket.
Rajon Rondo scored 24 points for Boston and Garnett had 16 points with 10 rebounds. The Celtics have lost two straight since winning four in a row.
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 137
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 30
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 17
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15