Elise Amendola, Associated Press
BOSTON — Dirk Nowitzki scored 16 points, driving past Kevin Garnett for the go-ahead layup with 5.1 seconds left and leading the Dallas Mavericks to a 90-85 victory over the Boston Celtics on Wednesday night.
Dallas led most of the game, but Paul Pierce hit a 3-pointer — just his second basket of the night — to tie it at 85 with 25 seconds to play. Former Celtic Delonte West dribbled the clock down to about 10 seconds before giving it to Nowitzki. The NBA finals MVP cut to the basket past Garnett and picked up a foul from Brandon Bass while floating the ball into the basket.
Rajon Rondo scored 24 points for Boston and Garnett had 16 points with 10 rebounds. The Celtics have lost two straight since winning four in a row.
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- BYU football: Fred Warner, other...
- High school football: Ben Lomond Scots 2015...
- Former Utah cornerback Dominque Hatfield...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 55
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 45
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 35
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 29
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 23
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's... 23
- Pac-12 media day: Utah Kyle Whittingham... 16
- Morning links: BYU letting fans... 16