Elise Amendola, Associated Press
BOSTON — Dirk Nowitzki scored 16 points, driving past Kevin Garnett for the go-ahead layup with 5.1 seconds left and leading the Dallas Mavericks to a 90-85 victory over the Boston Celtics on Wednesday night.
Dallas led most of the game, but Paul Pierce hit a 3-pointer — just his second basket of the night — to tie it at 85 with 25 seconds to play. Former Celtic Delonte West dribbled the clock down to about 10 seconds before giving it to Nowitzki. The NBA finals MVP cut to the basket past Garnett and picked up a foul from Brandon Bass while floating the ball into the basket.
Rajon Rondo scored 24 points for Boston and Garnett had 16 points with 10 rebounds. The Celtics have lost two straight since winning four in a row.
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 291
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 57
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37