In his opinion piece, former Gov. Mike Leavitt expresses concern that he saw few young people at his caucus ("A better nominating process," Jan. 8). However, that particular caucus, which I attended, took place in an older Salt Lake City neighborhood that doesn't have many younger families.
As for his position that the Legislature should change the caucus system, I find it curious that he, Sen. Robert Bennett and other former office holders were not criticizing the system when it was benefiting them. The fact that last year's conventions ousted Bennett and gave Rep. Jim Matheson a challenge may be the real reason behind efforts by some for a new system.
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive... 65
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship... 51
- In our opinion: Security with Clinton's... 45
- Richard Davis: What can Republicans do... 44
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid... 36
- Letter: Stimulate the economy 29
- Dan Liljenquist: Charter schools... 26
- My view: Women’s equality —... 25