Heisman Trophy winner Robert Griffin III will publicly reveal his plans during a news conference Wednesday.
A person familiar with the decision told The Associated Press that Griffin is bypassing his senior season at Baylor and declaring for the draft. That person spoke on condition of anonymity because the quarterback had not yet made the official announcement.
A Baylor release says Griffin and Bears coach Art Briles will discuss the quarterback's future during the news conference on the Waco campus.
Griffin set or tied 54 school records while playing 41 games at Baylor. The Bears are coming off a 10-win season that tied a school record and finished 13th in the Associated Press Top 25, their first ranking in a final poll since 1986.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 81
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 61
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 21
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 19