Heisman Trophy winner Robert Griffin III will publicly reveal his plans during a news conference Wednesday.
A person familiar with the decision told The Associated Press that Griffin is bypassing his senior season at Baylor and declaring for the draft. That person spoke on condition of anonymity because the quarterback had not yet made the official announcement.
A Baylor release says Griffin and Bears coach Art Briles will discuss the quarterback's future during the news conference on the Waco campus.
Griffin set or tied 54 school records while playing 41 games at Baylor. The Bears are coming off a 10-win season that tied a school record and finished 13th in the Associated Press Top 25, their first ranking in a final poll since 1986.
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 42
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 23