Heisman Trophy winner Robert Griffin III will publicly reveal his plans during a news conference Wednesday.
A person familiar with the decision told The Associated Press that Griffin is bypassing his senior season at Baylor and declaring for the draft. That person spoke on condition of anonymity because the quarterback had not yet made the official announcement.
A Baylor release says Griffin and Bears coach Art Briles will discuss the quarterback's future during the news conference on the Waco campus.
Griffin set or tied 54 school records while playing 41 games at Baylor. The Bears are coming off a 10-win season that tied a school record and finished 13th in the Associated Press Top 25, their first ranking in a final poll since 1986.
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- High school football: Royals rock Grizzlies...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33