The support being shown to the Ogden City Police Department is wonderful. However, we need to show that same support to all law enforcement agencies every day. How do we do that? By obeying the law.
Let's quit making excuses for our own lawlessness. Let's recognize that law enforcement personnel put their lives on the line every day to keep us safe. Let's honor them by showing them respect even when we or our family members are the ones being caught.
Let's quit making excuses when it is our son or daughter that committed the crime. Let's teach our children that there are consequences, and if they choose the action, they must be willing to face those consequences.
Let's give law enforcement the respect they deserve.
- Letter: Marijuana, an evil plant
- Dan Liljenquist: Credit Utah's Sen. Lee as...
- In Our Opinion: IRS data breach is...
- Letter: Keep money in Draper
- Letter: Veneer of patriotism
- My view: Yes, Iran jails people for their...
- My view: Utah needs Congress to act on...
- Jay Evensen: In a smart-car future, what...
- Letter: Marijuana, an evil plant 65
- David Jensen: Humans are responsible... 52
- Jay Evensen: Utah's prosperity is... 30
- Letter: Regulating marijuana 29
- Richard Davis: Another conflict of... 23
- Dan Liljenquist: Credit Utah's Sen. Lee... 19
- Letter: Sharing the road 19
- My view: Higher ed students can better... 18