The support being shown to the Ogden City Police Department is wonderful. However, we need to show that same support to all law enforcement agencies every day. How do we do that? By obeying the law.
Let's quit making excuses for our own lawlessness. Let's recognize that law enforcement personnel put their lives on the line every day to keep us safe. Let's honor them by showing them respect even when we or our family members are the ones being caught.
Let's quit making excuses when it is our son or daughter that committed the crime. Let's teach our children that there are consequences, and if they choose the action, they must be willing to face those consequences.
Let's give law enforcement the respect they deserve.
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift...
- My view: Drafting women a threat to religious...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans sacrifice...
- Derek B. Miller: It's my party and I'll decry...
- In our opinion: Politics and ISIS
- Jay Evensen: The IOC demonstrates again why...
- Letter: Cruz took a stand
- Letter: Acting presidential
- Letter: Guns in America 64
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood... 50
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 47
- My view: What message does Melania's... 38
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- Letter: Acting presidential 31
- Dan Liljenquist: Presidential politics... 31
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 30