The support being shown to the Ogden City Police Department is wonderful. However, we need to show that same support to all law enforcement agencies every day. How do we do that? By obeying the law.
Let's quit making excuses for our own lawlessness. Let's recognize that law enforcement personnel put their lives on the line every day to keep us safe. Let's honor them by showing them respect even when we or our family members are the ones being caught.
Let's quit making excuses when it is our son or daughter that committed the crime. Let's teach our children that there are consequences, and if they choose the action, they must be willing to face those consequences.
Let's give law enforcement the respect they deserve.
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Families battling...
- Scandals hiding in plain sight
- Charles Krauthammer: The role of a great...
- A. Scott Anderson: The world needs America to...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- Michael Gerson: No time to lead from behind
- Jay Evensen: Marijuana acceptance will lead...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 81
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 61
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern 56
- Letter: Utah's birthright 49
- Letter: Irreparable damage 48
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 37