The support being shown to the Ogden City Police Department is wonderful. However, we need to show that same support to all law enforcement agencies every day. How do we do that? By obeying the law.
Let's quit making excuses for our own lawlessness. Let's recognize that law enforcement personnel put their lives on the line every day to keep us safe. Let's honor them by showing them respect even when we or our family members are the ones being caught.
Let's quit making excuses when it is our son or daughter that committed the crime. Let's teach our children that there are consequences, and if they choose the action, they must be willing to face those consequences.
Let's give law enforcement the respect they deserve.
- Doug Robinson: Utah man's new running shoe...
- In our opinion: A darkening cloud is hanging...
- Richard Davis: Airlines should do more for...
- Letters: Federal encroachment
- My view: People deserve rights at our borders
- Michael Gerson: Reinvigorating the GOP will...
- Letters: Ending debt
- Snapshot of 2013 in political cartoons