The support being shown to the Ogden City Police Department is wonderful. However, we need to show that same support to all law enforcement agencies every day. How do we do that? By obeying the law.
Let's quit making excuses for our own lawlessness. Let's recognize that law enforcement personnel put their lives on the line every day to keep us safe. Let's honor them by showing them respect even when we or our family members are the ones being caught.
Let's quit making excuses when it is our son or daughter that committed the crime. Let's teach our children that there are consequences, and if they choose the action, they must be willing to face those consequences.
Let's give law enforcement the respect they deserve.
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- Catherine Rampell: Reasons behind the bad...
- In our opinion: Let FAA, not Utah...
- Letter: Enforcing the dress code
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by focusing on...
- My view: Don't make women optional in marriage
- My view: Don't make women optional in... 104
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 100
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 66
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 45
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 41
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 39
- A. Scott Anderson: Energy development... 32
- Robert Bennett: Make climate... 28