CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Rookie Chandler Parsons scored 20 points and Kevin Martin added 17 points and the Houston Rockets defeated the Charlotte Bobcats 82-70 Tuesday night to snap a four-game losing streak.
Jordan Hill had a double-double for the Rockets off the bench with 12 points and 12 rebounds.
The Rockets (3-6) broke open a tight game in the third quarter and the poor-shooting Bobcats could never put together a big run.
They did manage to cut the lead to five with 2:30 left, but Parsons made a 3-pointer from the right wing and a jumper from deep in the left corner to put the Rockets back up by double digits.
The Rockets held the Bobcats to 35 percent shooting from the field and outrebounded them 57-44.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 35
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 30
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Badger looking to become part of BYU's... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 20