CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Rookie Chandler Parsons scored 20 points and Kevin Martin added 17 points and the Houston Rockets defeated the Charlotte Bobcats 82-70 Tuesday night to snap a four-game losing streak.
Jordan Hill had a double-double for the Rockets off the bench with 12 points and 12 rebounds.
The Rockets (3-6) broke open a tight game in the third quarter and the poor-shooting Bobcats could never put together a big run.
They did manage to cut the lead to five with 2:30 left, but Parsons made a 3-pointer from the right wing and a jumper from deep in the left corner to put the Rockets back up by double digits.
The Rockets held the Bobcats to 35 percent shooting from the field and outrebounded them 57-44.
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Gordon Hayward happy to be moving on with...
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 25