CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Rookie Chandler Parsons scored 20 points and Kevin Martin added 17 points and the Houston Rockets defeated the Charlotte Bobcats 82-70 Tuesday night to snap a four-game losing streak.
Jordan Hill had a double-double for the Rockets off the bench with 12 points and 12 rebounds.
The Rockets (3-6) broke open a tight game in the third quarter and the poor-shooting Bobcats could never put together a big run.
They did manage to cut the lead to five with 2:30 left, but Parsons made a 3-pointer from the right wing and a jumper from deep in the left corner to put the Rockets back up by double digits.
The Rockets held the Bobcats to 35 percent shooting from the field and outrebounded them 57-44.
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 291
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 57
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37