"He's won a lot of tournaments, has a basic simple swing," said Miller, who pointed out Blair's size, 5-foot-7 and 130 pounds, works in his favor. "Smaller guys have the ability to move through the ball quicker than a taller guy. He has a compact swing that works."
Miller said Blair's confidence and attitude stands out. "He is a true superstar in the making. He hits it a good distance for his size. I don't know if being so small will hold him back, but I don't think so. He hits the ball far enough to be a great player."
Miller said Blair's father, Jimmy, knows enough to "teach him who not to pay attention to and who to ignore, somebody who'll try and change his swing, somebody like me. That's important. He is the real deal."
His college coach, BYU's Bruce Brockbank, said Blair hadn't slept in his own bed more than twice in a row most of the summer and competed at a high level, shaping his game.
It was as if something clicked and he felt he belonged.
"He left in May playing pretty good at the NCAAs, then he just elevated his game. He really stepped it up," Brockbank said. "He's on his way to competing with anyone in the country."
Now, after Sunday's win in the Coral Canyon Amateur, he's back on track.
This weekend he'll return down south to defend his title in the St. George Amateur.
- BYU basketball: 3 players record...
- Local NFL watch: How Utah players fared in...
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up just...
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged to Miss...
- Utah Jazz: A few slices of holiday spirit...
- High school basketball: Tuesday's prep roundup
- LDS general authorities make appearance at...
- Power rankings: Pac-12, WCC, MWC men's...
- Mike Sorensen: Despite disappointing... 188
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 88
- BYU football: Cougar offense rebounds... 84
- Utah football: Utes end season with... 76
- BYU, Utah State basketball: Second-half... 74
- Unbeaten Utes hit the road for the... 58
- College football re-rankings: Where do... 58
- Sources: Former BYU quarterback Steve... 50