SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz returned to their practice facility this morning after a day off Sunday.
The focus, as usual, continues to be on team defense as they prepare for a back-to-back set at home Tuesday and Wednesday against the Cavaliers and Lakers.
Defense is an area in which the Jazz have excelled during their four-game winning streak. They haven't allowed a team to score more than 90 points since getting blown out in San Antonio 104-89.
The Nuggets, 117-110 winners over Utah on Dec. 28, are the only other team to have hit the century mark in scoring against the defensive-minded Jazz.
"We have to be able stop people in order to win," Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin said.
Defense is making up for an offense that is still a work in progress. Utah has allowed opponents to score 93.9 points per game, while only putting 90.4 points on the scoreboard per night.
The Jazz have only hit the 100-point mark twice — in a 102-99 win over the 76ers and in that loss at Denver.
"As long as the defense stays up, our shooting will get better," Corbin said. "But our defense has to continue to get better also. If we can hold teams from scoring a lot of points, we'll be able to score point as we get better."
Corbin said the team will also focus on playing against a zone defense more in practice. The Jazz struggled against the Warriors' zone in Saturday's road win.
The Jazz had a full squad at practice. Backup forward Jeremy Evans rejoined the team after missing Saturday's game with a stomach virus.
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Cleveland set to hold parade for NBA champion...
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 68
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 25
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 24
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14