SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz returned to their practice facility this morning after a day off Sunday.
The focus, as usual, continues to be on team defense as they prepare for a back-to-back set at home Tuesday and Wednesday against the Cavaliers and Lakers.
Defense is an area in which the Jazz have excelled during their four-game winning streak. They haven't allowed a team to score more than 90 points since getting blown out in San Antonio 104-89.
The Nuggets, 117-110 winners over Utah on Dec. 28, are the only other team to have hit the century mark in scoring against the defensive-minded Jazz.
"We have to be able stop people in order to win," Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin said.
Defense is making up for an offense that is still a work in progress. Utah has allowed opponents to score 93.9 points per game, while only putting 90.4 points on the scoreboard per night.
The Jazz have only hit the 100-point mark twice — in a 102-99 win over the 76ers and in that loss at Denver.
"As long as the defense stays up, our shooting will get better," Corbin said. "But our defense has to continue to get better also. If we can hold teams from scoring a lot of points, we'll be able to score point as we get better."
Corbin said the team will also focus on playing against a zone defense more in practice. The Jazz struggled against the Warriors' zone in Saturday's road win.
The Jazz had a full squad at practice. Backup forward Jeremy Evans rejoined the team after missing Saturday's game with a stomach virus.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- Prep football: Kafentzis, 'Diggers dig out of...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 52
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 52
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48