SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz returned to their practice facility this morning after a day off Sunday.
The focus, as usual, continues to be on team defense as they prepare for a back-to-back set at home Tuesday and Wednesday against the Cavaliers and Lakers.
Defense is an area in which the Jazz have excelled during their four-game winning streak. They haven't allowed a team to score more than 90 points since getting blown out in San Antonio 104-89.
The Nuggets, 117-110 winners over Utah on Dec. 28, are the only other team to have hit the century mark in scoring against the defensive-minded Jazz.
"We have to be able stop people in order to win," Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin said.
Defense is making up for an offense that is still a work in progress. Utah has allowed opponents to score 93.9 points per game, while only putting 90.4 points on the scoreboard per night.
The Jazz have only hit the 100-point mark twice — in a 102-99 win over the 76ers and in that loss at Denver.
"As long as the defense stays up, our shooting will get better," Corbin said. "But our defense has to continue to get better also. If we can hold teams from scoring a lot of points, we'll be able to score point as we get better."
Corbin said the team will also focus on playing against a zone defense more in practice. The Jazz struggled against the Warriors' zone in Saturday's road win.
The Jazz had a full squad at practice. Backup forward Jeremy Evans rejoined the team after missing Saturday's game with a stomach virus.
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- High school football: Royals rock Grizzlies...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33