Gus Ruelas, Associated Press
ANAHEIM, Calif. — Joshua Smith scored 18 points, Travis Wear added 16, and UCLA dominated inside in a 75-58 victory over Arizona State on Saturday night.
Smith came off the bench after missing Thursday's win over Arizona because of a concussion sustained in practice. He started slowly, picking up two fouls before igniting in an 11-1 run over both halves that put UCLA (9-7, 2-2 Pac-12) ahead for good. He finished one point off his career high.
Jonathan Gilling scored a career-high 17 points and made five 3-pointers for the Sun Devils (4-10, 1-2), who led for most of the first half, when they shot 55 percent from the floor.
Ruslan Pateev, a 7-foot Russian, scored 10 points for Arizona State before fouling out with 9:54 remaining, leaving 7-2 Jordan Bachynski to try and challenge Smith and twin brothers David and Travis Wear in the post.
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve...
- Live streams: 1A volleyball tournament...
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Friday night lights central, playoffs...
- Langi making an impact at linebacker for BYU
- Ranking the starting centers in the NBA from...
- Middle Tennessee excited about home game...
- Utah Jazz get blown out by Dallas 120-102
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 59
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 56
- High school football: State tournament... 54
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve... 50
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the... 34
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32