ELDORA, Colo. — Senior Nick Cohee took first place in the men's giant slalom race and the University of Utah skiers are in second place after competing in the giant slalom race during the first day of the University of Colorado's Spencer Nelson Memorial Invitational Saturday at the Eldora Ski Resort.
The Utes accumulated 236 points during the first day of competition and trail first-place Colorado by three points heading into tomorrow's slalom races. The Utah men's alpine squad earned a meet-high 113 points, while the Ute women's alpine members accumulated 123 points, which was the second-highest total.
Cohee picked up his fourth career victory in the men's giant slalom race with a combined time of 1:55.96.
Westminster's team is in seventh place.
The slalom race will be held Sunday and results can be followed at live-timing.com. The two men's race will start at 8:30 a.m. MT and the women's race will begin at 11:30 a.m. MT. The Nordic portion of the Spencer Nelson Memorial Invitational will be held next weekend at Steamboat Springs.
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- BYU falls to Memphis 55-48 in double overtime...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Gordon Hayward happy to be moving on with...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Cougars gain a lot over Final Four weekend...
- Utes capped comeback season with lopsided Las...
- BYU falls to Memphis 55-48 in double... 85
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 36
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 35
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars... 26