ELDORA, Colo. — Senior Nick Cohee took first place in the men's giant slalom race and the University of Utah skiers are in second place after competing in the giant slalom race during the first day of the University of Colorado's Spencer Nelson Memorial Invitational Saturday at the Eldora Ski Resort.
The Utes accumulated 236 points during the first day of competition and trail first-place Colorado by three points heading into tomorrow's slalom races. The Utah men's alpine squad earned a meet-high 113 points, while the Ute women's alpine members accumulated 123 points, which was the second-highest total.
Cohee picked up his fourth career victory in the men's giant slalom race with a combined time of 1:55.96.
Westminster's team is in seventh place.
The slalom race will be held Sunday and results can be followed at live-timing.com. The two men's race will start at 8:30 a.m. MT and the women's race will begin at 11:30 a.m. MT. The Nordic portion of the Spencer Nelson Memorial Invitational will be held next weekend at Steamboat Springs.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Ute recruit Tyler Huntley posting huge...
- Felt's Facts: Breaking down the Utah high...
- Underrated East Carolina will test BYU's defense
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 53
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 40
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 19