ELDORA, Colo. — Senior Nick Cohee took first place in the men's giant slalom race and the University of Utah skiers are in second place after competing in the giant slalom race during the first day of the University of Colorado's Spencer Nelson Memorial Invitational Saturday at the Eldora Ski Resort.
The Utes accumulated 236 points during the first day of competition and trail first-place Colorado by three points heading into tomorrow's slalom races. The Utah men's alpine squad earned a meet-high 113 points, while the Ute women's alpine members accumulated 123 points, which was the second-highest total.
Cohee picked up his fourth career victory in the men's giant slalom race with a combined time of 1:55.96.
Westminster's team is in seventh place.
The slalom race will be held Sunday and results can be followed at live-timing.com. The two men's race will start at 8:30 a.m. MT and the women's race will begin at 11:30 a.m. MT. The Nordic portion of the Spencer Nelson Memorial Invitational will be held next weekend at Steamboat Springs.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34