Golden State Warriors still not at full strength heading into game with Jazz
Ben Margot, Associated Press
OAKLAND, Calif. In search of their first road win, the Utah Jazz are getting another team that's not at full strength.
The Golden State Warriors will be without explosive scorer Stephen Curry for tonight's 8:30 MT game at Oracle Arena. Curry, who averages 15.2 points and 5.6 assists, is sidelined with a sprained right ankle.
The Warriors (2-5) will, however, have 7-foot center Andris Biedrins available for action off the bench. The big man missed Friday's loss to the Lakers with a sprained right ankle and toe.
Utah, which has won three straight games but is winless in three road trips this season, will not have rarely used small forward Jeremy Evans. He is at the team hotel with a stomach virus.
Even though the Warriors are limited, Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin said Utah must play its style in order to snap this season's three-game losing streak.
"Their speed allows them to get into the open court," Corbin said. "And if you play an uptempo game with them and they're making shots and you're not, it can be a tough night for you."
The Jazz found that out the hard way last year, losing twice in 2010-11 85-78 and 96-81.
Monta Ellis has struggled at times against Utah in the past, but the guard is averaging 22.8 points and 8.5 assists.
"You've got to make sure you control the tempo of the game," Corbin said. "You've go to slow them down and make them play your half-court sets. Run on your opportunities, but make sure you play in a tempo that is favorable to you and not to them."
The game will be televised on ROOT Sports.
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- Former longtime Utah Jazz broadcaster Hot Rod...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes as...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in spite...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 102
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 27
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 21
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 16