Golden State Warriors still not at full strength heading into game with Jazz
Ben Margot, Associated Press
OAKLAND, Calif. In search of their first road win, the Utah Jazz are getting another team that's not at full strength.
The Golden State Warriors will be without explosive scorer Stephen Curry for tonight's 8:30 MT game at Oracle Arena. Curry, who averages 15.2 points and 5.6 assists, is sidelined with a sprained right ankle.
The Warriors (2-5) will, however, have 7-foot center Andris Biedrins available for action off the bench. The big man missed Friday's loss to the Lakers with a sprained right ankle and toe.
Utah, which has won three straight games but is winless in three road trips this season, will not have rarely used small forward Jeremy Evans. He is at the team hotel with a stomach virus.
Even though the Warriors are limited, Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin said Utah must play its style in order to snap this season's three-game losing streak.
"Their speed allows them to get into the open court," Corbin said. "And if you play an uptempo game with them and they're making shots and you're not, it can be a tough night for you."
The Jazz found that out the hard way last year, losing twice in 2010-11 85-78 and 96-81.
Monta Ellis has struggled at times against Utah in the past, but the guard is averaging 22.8 points and 8.5 assists.
"You've got to make sure you control the tempo of the game," Corbin said. "You've go to slow them down and make them play your half-court sets. Run on your opportunities, but make sure you play in a tempo that is favorable to you and not to them."
The game will be televised on ROOT Sports.
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Morning links: BYU letting fans tailgate;...
- ESPN highlights BYU basketball's roster...
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still dismissed...
- J.J. O'Brien's basketball career comes full...
- Pac-12 media day: Utah Kyle Whittingham...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 101
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 52
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 41
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27