Golden State Warriors still not at full strength heading into game with Jazz
Ben Margot, Associated Press
OAKLAND, Calif. In search of their first road win, the Utah Jazz are getting another team that's not at full strength.
The Golden State Warriors will be without explosive scorer Stephen Curry for tonight's 8:30 MT game at Oracle Arena. Curry, who averages 15.2 points and 5.6 assists, is sidelined with a sprained right ankle.
The Warriors (2-5) will, however, have 7-foot center Andris Biedrins available for action off the bench. The big man missed Friday's loss to the Lakers with a sprained right ankle and toe.
Utah, which has won three straight games but is winless in three road trips this season, will not have rarely used small forward Jeremy Evans. He is at the team hotel with a stomach virus.
Even though the Warriors are limited, Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin said Utah must play its style in order to snap this season's three-game losing streak.
"Their speed allows them to get into the open court," Corbin said. "And if you play an uptempo game with them and they're making shots and you're not, it can be a tough night for you."
The Jazz found that out the hard way last year, losing twice in 2010-11 85-78 and 96-81.
Monta Ellis has struggled at times against Utah in the past, but the guard is averaging 22.8 points and 8.5 assists.
"You've got to make sure you control the tempo of the game," Corbin said. "You've go to slow them down and make them play your half-court sets. Run on your opportunities, but make sure you play in a tempo that is favorable to you and not to them."
The game will be televised on ROOT Sports.
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford to...
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're proud...
- A good life: Former Weber State, NFL...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- NFL locals photo gallery: Kyle Van Noy and...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- BYU football: Cougars announce future games...
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 120
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 106
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 99
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're... 66
- BYU football: Cougars announce future... 53
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford... 52
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 51
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 28