"Getting closer to the paint, getting closer to the basket and executing the offense a whole lot better — those three things have really gotten better," Howard said. "... Guys are still learning the offensive plays and offensive rotations, so as long as we keep working on it, it'll keep getting better each game."
And Hayward said he thinks Utah's improved performance on the defensive end is paying off on offense as well.
"If you play good defense, it kind of gets you in a rhythm offensively," he said. "You're able to run a little bit more and get some easy buckets.
Sometimes whenever you get a couple of layups or free throws to get you going offensively, you're able to knock down more shots."
ROTATION MOTIVATION: Corbin has admittedly juggled his substitution pattern depending on his "feel" for how the game is going, how his players are performing on a given night and what matchups he likes or dislikes on the court.
It's far from an exact science, and though the Jazz coach says he'll likely get into more of a set rotation with players' minutes as the season progresses, Hayward said Corbin's current way of doing things helps keep everybody on their toes.
"You've just got to be ready whenever he calls your name," Hayward said.
"You've got to be ready to go in there and make plays and do whatever you can to help the team win. I don't think you can worry about that (rotation)."
ON THE ROAD AGAIN: The Jazz have yet to win a road game thus far this season, going 0-3 away from home, with all three of those losses coming by double digits. They'll get another chance for their first road victory tonight at Golden State.
Jefferson was asked what he and his teammates need to do to become a better road team.
"We've got to go with the same mindset that we do at home," he said. "Tomorrow night will be a good test for us. Golden State plays well at home, so we've just got to go with that same mindset as we do at home."
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Ranking the best point guards in the NBA...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars'...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 283
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 92
- Things won't get any easier for... 76
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 47
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 36