Brian Nicholson, Deseret News
Our thoughts and prayers go out today to each and every one of the people who were hurt or died when a man pulled out a gun and started shooting randomly at officers who came to serve a warrant at a home in Ogden.
It's a shame that just to keep from going to jail, the person had no regard for other people's lives. He just decided to bombard the men who work to help protect the public's right to peace. So, much to our dismay, an officer is now deceased. The flags are flying at half-staff to honor one who served as a protector and whose death was dreadful and undeserved.
Winifred M. Walker
Salt Lake City
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship —...
- In our opinion: EPA failed its protection...
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive...
- Dan Liljenquist: Charter schools provide...
- Letter: Stimulate the economy
- Letter: Appalling attitude
- My view: European view of American soft power
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid with a...
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive... 55
- In our opinion: Security with Clinton's... 45
- Richard Davis: What can Republicans do... 42
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship... 41
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid... 36
- My view: No matter who pays the bill,... 35
- Letter: Earning his votes 31
- Dan Liljenquist: Charter schools... 24