Brian Nicholson, Deseret News
Our thoughts and prayers go out today to each and every one of the people who were hurt or died when a man pulled out a gun and started shooting randomly at officers who came to serve a warrant at a home in Ogden.
It's a shame that just to keep from going to jail, the person had no regard for other people's lives. He just decided to bombard the men who work to help protect the public's right to peace. So, much to our dismay, an officer is now deceased. The flags are flying at half-staff to honor one who served as a protector and whose death was dreadful and undeserved.
Winifred M. Walker
Salt Lake City
- Senate defeats Obama in Justice nod
- Letter: Religious freedom
- In our opinion: Maintaining balance
- Doug Robinson: Utah man discovers powerful...
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with...
- My view: Adoption legislation: Children...
- Jay Evensen: Don't mess with a great Utah...
- Dan Liljenquist: Count My Vote: Compromise...
- Letter: Minimum Wage insufficient 63
- Has Obama's foreign policy emboldened... 62
- Jay Evensen: Obama could use a dose of... 60
- Letter: Religious freedom 37
- Obama's biggest test: Ukraine 33
- Robert Bennett: Keystone: What... 32
- Michael Gerson: The GOP needs to... 22
- Letter: Reclassify ISPs as common carriers 19