Brian Nicholson, Deseret News
Our thoughts and prayers go out today to each and every one of the people who were hurt or died when a man pulled out a gun and started shooting randomly at officers who came to serve a warrant at a home in Ogden.
It's a shame that just to keep from going to jail, the person had no regard for other people's lives. He just decided to bombard the men who work to help protect the public's right to peace. So, much to our dismay, an officer is now deceased. The flags are flying at half-staff to honor one who served as a protector and whose death was dreadful and undeserved.
Winifred M. Walker
Salt Lake City
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own 'killer...
- In our opinion: Labor Day revisited
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more than a...
- John Hoffmire: Monied interests and democracy
- On second thought
- In our opinion: Trouble on tap? Colleges...
- About Utah: He's a fair fixture
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more... 51
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 46
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to... 39
- Letter: Society puzzles 33
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own... 30
- Americans are changing their tune on... 27
- In our opinion: Trouble on tap?... 25
- In our opinion: Par for the president 24