Brian Nicholson, Deseret News
Our thoughts and prayers go out today to each and every one of the people who were hurt or died when a man pulled out a gun and started shooting randomly at officers who came to serve a warrant at a home in Ogden.
It's a shame that just to keep from going to jail, the person had no regard for other people's lives. He just decided to bombard the men who work to help protect the public's right to peace. So, much to our dismay, an officer is now deceased. The flags are flying at half-staff to honor one who served as a protector and whose death was dreadful and undeserved.
Winifred M. Walker
Salt Lake City
- Disputes over specialized license plates...
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change...
- My view: Chaffetz named ‘politician of...
- In our opinion: Water, a precious commodity
- Lessons from 'Christmas Carol'
- Letter: Monolingual minorities
- Dan Liljenquist: Being good for goodness sake
- Charles Krauthammer: Democrats use... 78
- In our opinion: Police training should... 45
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Robert Bennett: More political... 36
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 32
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 30