Brian Nicholson, Deseret News
Our thoughts and prayers go out today to each and every one of the people who were hurt or died when a man pulled out a gun and started shooting randomly at officers who came to serve a warrant at a home in Ogden.
It's a shame that just to keep from going to jail, the person had no regard for other people's lives. He just decided to bombard the men who work to help protect the public's right to peace. So, much to our dismay, an officer is now deceased. The flags are flying at half-staff to honor one who served as a protector and whose death was dreadful and undeserved.
Winifred M. Walker
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms of...
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- My view: They run toward danger
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- Is it time for our first woman president?
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps us strong
- Medicare Advantage
- In our opinion: National security and... 66
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 43
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 17
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 16
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 13