CHARLOTTE, N.C. — The Atlanta Hawks went to overtime for a second straight night, pulling out a 102-96 victory over the Charlotte Bobcats on Friday behind 23 points and 13 rebounds from Josh Smith.
The Hawks lost in triple-overtime to the Miami Heat the night before, but made sure there wouldn't be multiple extra periods needed by scoring the first eight points, with early 3-pointers by Jeff Teague and Joe Johnson.
Marvin Williams added 15 points and nine rebounds, and Al Horford scored 15 points for the Hawks (5-3).
D.J. Augustin led the Bobcats with 21 points and 12 assists, while Kemba Walker added 19 points and Byron Mullens had 17 points off the bench.
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being forced out...
- Amy Donaldson: South Jordan mom eyes Boston...
- Brad Rock: Silence is the wrong approach for...
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act together
- Bingham nearly topples undefeated Florida...
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look at...
- Dick Harmon: BYU starters lose 3-point range...
- Meet the 21 Utah ties on the NFL playoff rosters
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 75
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 63
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being... 45
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football... 41
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act... 38
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU starters lose 3-point... 15
- Pangos, Wiltjer lead Gonzaga to victory... 13