CHARLOTTE, N.C. — The Atlanta Hawks went to overtime for a second straight night, pulling out a 102-96 victory over the Charlotte Bobcats on Friday behind 23 points and 13 rebounds from Josh Smith.
The Hawks lost in triple-overtime to the Miami Heat the night before, but made sure there wouldn't be multiple extra periods needed by scoring the first eight points, with early 3-pointers by Jeff Teague and Joe Johnson.
Marvin Williams added 15 points and nine rebounds, and Al Horford scored 15 points for the Hawks (5-3).
D.J. Augustin led the Bobcats with 21 points and 12 assists, while Kemba Walker added 19 points and Byron Mullens had 17 points off the bench.
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 102
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 81
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 12
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7
- Doug Robinson: Why this mother of four... 5