A calendar of LDS-themed events from around the United States and Canada.
Broadcast: CES broadcast, Elder Jay E. Jensen of the Presidency of the Seventy, Jan. 8, 6 p.m. MST
Temple Hill: Musical fireside, "Embers of Christmas," Jan. 7, 7 p.m., Oakland Temple Visitors' Center, 4780 Lincoln Ave. (for reservations, email firstname.lastname@example.org ); Martin Luther King's Birthday Celebration, Jan. 14, 6 p.m., Oakland Interstake Center, 4780 Lincoln Ave.;
"Lamb of God" auditions: Soloist auditions for Rob Gardner's "Lamb of God" for Easter, 13 vocalists and 1 cello solo, Jan. 21, 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m., callbacks Jan. 28 (Contact the director, Alan Chipman at 408 887-8428 or email at email@example.com to schedule an audition)
BYU— Idaho (Rexburg): "Poor Again – Yikes!" by Tim Behrens, Jan. 13-14; "Celtic Nights," Jan. 27, Hart Auditorium; BYU-Idaho Barbershop Music Festival, Feb. 4; BYU-Idaho Sound Alliance with trumpet player Ingrid Jensen, Feb. 10-11; River North Chicago Dance, Feb. 16; Daedalus Quartet, Feb. 24; BYU-Idaho Sinfonietta featuring David Sogg, a bassoonist with the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra, March 2; "Bring Forth My Zion," featuring choirs and orchestra in the BYU-Idaho Center, March 9 (tickets available by www.byui.edu/centerstage , www.byui.edu/tickets or by calling 208-496-3170)
Independence Visitors Center: "Witnesses of Christ," art exhibit by Liz Lemon Swindle, through April 30, Independence Visitors Center, 927 W. Walnut, 9 a.m.-9 p.m. (call 816-836-3477 for information)
Nauvoo Pageant: Auditions for core cast, Jan. 18-19, 6 to 10 p.m., Brigham Young University, Provo; Jan. 20, 5:30-10 p.m., Jan. 21, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Bountiful Regional Center; Callbacks, Jan. 27-28 in North Salt Lake; audition videos for those outside of Utah need to be sent to Nauvoo Pageant Core Cast Auditions, Music and Cultural Arts Division, 50 E. North Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84150, by Jan. 20 (see www.nauvoopageant.org for details)
All listed times are local time unless otherwise noted. The Mormon Times calendar list for events in the United States and Canada are published on Saturdays. To submit an event, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a contact name and phone number. Events are due noon Wednesday for Saturday's calendar.
- Changing fields: Returned missionary college...
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on past...
- Sheri Dew and Noelle Pikus-Pace arm wrestle...
- 'Meet the Mormons' reaches $4.5 million mark,...
- LDS Church releases video about suicide...
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy don't...
- Defending the Faith: Some things are more...
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 122
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 116
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on... 52
- Defending the Faith: Some things are... 36
- California orders churches, others to... 25
- 'Meet the Mormons' reaches $4.5 million... 17
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks... 10
- LDS Church releases video about suicide... 10