A calendar of LDS-themed events from around the United States and Canada.
Broadcast: CES broadcast, Elder Jay E. Jensen of the Presidency of the Seventy, Jan. 8, 6 p.m. MST
Temple Hill: Musical fireside, "Embers of Christmas," Jan. 7, 7 p.m., Oakland Temple Visitors' Center, 4780 Lincoln Ave. (for reservations, email email@example.com ); Martin Luther King's Birthday Celebration, Jan. 14, 6 p.m., Oakland Interstake Center, 4780 Lincoln Ave.;
"Lamb of God" auditions: Soloist auditions for Rob Gardner's "Lamb of God" for Easter, 13 vocalists and 1 cello solo, Jan. 21, 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m., callbacks Jan. 28 (Contact the director, Alan Chipman at 408 887-8428 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an audition)
BYU— Idaho (Rexburg): "Poor Again – Yikes!" by Tim Behrens, Jan. 13-14; "Celtic Nights," Jan. 27, Hart Auditorium; BYU-Idaho Barbershop Music Festival, Feb. 4; BYU-Idaho Sound Alliance with trumpet player Ingrid Jensen, Feb. 10-11; River North Chicago Dance, Feb. 16; Daedalus Quartet, Feb. 24; BYU-Idaho Sinfonietta featuring David Sogg, a bassoonist with the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra, March 2; "Bring Forth My Zion," featuring choirs and orchestra in the BYU-Idaho Center, March 9 (tickets available by www.byui.edu/centerstage , www.byui.edu/tickets or by calling 208-496-3170)
Independence Visitors Center: "Witnesses of Christ," art exhibit by Liz Lemon Swindle, through April 30, Independence Visitors Center, 927 W. Walnut, 9 a.m.-9 p.m. (call 816-836-3477 for information)
Nauvoo Pageant: Auditions for core cast, Jan. 18-19, 6 to 10 p.m., Brigham Young University, Provo; Jan. 20, 5:30-10 p.m., Jan. 21, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Bountiful Regional Center; Callbacks, Jan. 27-28 in North Salt Lake; audition videos for those outside of Utah need to be sent to Nauvoo Pageant Core Cast Auditions, Music and Cultural Arts Division, 50 E. North Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84150, by Jan. 20 (see www.nauvoopageant.org for details)
All listed times are local time unless otherwise noted. The Mormon Times calendar list for events in the United States and Canada are published on Saturdays. To submit an event, please email it to email@example.com and include a contact name and phone number. Events are due noon Wednesday for Saturday's calendar.
- LDS Church clarifies position on...
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- LDS Church to create new missions in Utah and...
- Pope in blistering critique of Vatican...
- 19 inspiring Christmas quotes from President...
- The Clean Cut: Lexi Walker sings Christmas...
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey of...
- LDS World: Jesus Christ is the solution
- LDS Church clarifies position on... 53
- Defending the Faith: A modern witness... 46
- How would LDS be affected by renewed... 27
- Christmas without Jesus 20
- LDS Church to create new missions in... 20
- Forget Santa Claus, Virginia. Was there... 19
- Chris Hicks: Has Hollywood found new... 16
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary... 13