SALT LAKE CITY — Utah's humorous snowflake commercials are debuting on television stations in New York and Los Angeles as part of the state's $1.2 million winter advertising campaign.
Utah's Office of Tourism officials say the ads highlight the state's resorts and easy access at a crucial booking period for the year.
Governor's Office of Economic Development Executive Director Spencer Eccles says the ski industry is a key part of the state's $6.5 billion tourism industry.
Last year Utah saw a record 780-inches of snow and more than 4.2 million skier days.
Tourism officials say the new ads highlight the state's resorts and easy access at a crucial booking period for the year. The TV spots began airing in New York this week and will run on California billboards through January.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Police release names of officers involved in...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to rally...
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence for...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 156
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 60
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 45
- Police release names of officers... 31
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 29
- Love says commenting on Saratoga... 20
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18