Scout leader to speak at BYU Salt Lake Management Society luncheon Jan. 12
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News Archives
SALT LAKE CITY — Charles W. Dahlquist II, president of the Great Salt Lake Council of the Boy Scouts of America, is the January 2012 Luncheon Speaker for the Brigham Young University Salt Lake City Management Society.
The event is Jan. 12 in the Empire Room of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building Downtown at noon. Register at marriottschool.byu.edu
Dahlquist was born in Provo and raised in Boise, Idaho. He received his juris doctorate from the University of Utah after finishing a bachelor's degree at Brigham Young University. He is an attorney and leader in civic and community organizations and is actively involved in community service. He currently serves on the National President's Advisory Board of Utah Valley University and is the Honorary Consul for the Federal Republic of Germany. He served on the National BSA Executive Board from 2004-2009 and as Chairman of the BSA National Venturing Committee.
He is a recipient of the Silver Beaver (1988), Silver Antelope (2006), Silver Buffalo (2007) and National Venturing Leadership (2007) awards and has been involved in Scouting for most of his life. He currently is the president of the Great Salt Lake Council and chairman of the National Court of Honor for the Boy Scouts of America. He was the head chaplain at the 2010 National Jamboree.He served as Young Men General President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and chair of the General Church Scouting Committee from 2004-09.
Prior to that, he was a mission president in the Germany, Hamburg Mission, and has served as a Stake President, Young Single Adult Branch President and many other youth-related callings. He married Zella B. Darley. They now live in Sandy and have 5 daughters and 12 grandchildren.
Upcoming luncheons will be Feb. 9, March 8 and April 12.
- Wright Words: Why Thanksgiving is special for...
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say they’re...
- LDS Church to release 'A Savior Is Born'...
- Elder Ballard visits refugee camps in Germany...
- LDS World: How events in Paris are a reminder...
- 4 women witnesses to the Book of Mormon...
- 5 tips for digitizing photos
- Al Fox, James the Mormon discuss Thanksgiving...
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say... 44
- Renovated LDS temple represents... 11
- 4 women witnesses to the Book of Mormon... 7
- Book review: 'Finding Peace When a... 7
- U.S. Catholic leaders approve new plan... 6
- LDS Church to release 'A Savior Is... 3
- Wright Words: Why Thanksgiving is... 3
- 4 effective ways to teach your kids... 2