Photos courtesy Kris Larsen, Stage Manager Nauvoo Pageant
Auditions for 20 core cast roles in the 2012 Nauvoo Pageant will be Jan. 18-19 from 6 to 10 p.m. at Brigham Young University in Provo and Jan. 20 from 5:30 to 10 p.m. and Jan. 21 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Bountiful Regional Center. Callbacks will be Jan. 27-28 in North Salt Lake.
There are 10 roles for men, nine for women and one for a young man available and adult ages range from 20s to 60s.
Potential cast members for the outdoor pageant must be faithful, mature LDS performers, flexible and willing to work long hours. Once cast, candidates must also receive their bishop's recommendation.
Rehearsals for core cast members are Sundays evenings in May and early June for those who live in Utah. Daily rehearsals begin mid-June in Salt Lake City and then in Nauvoo until the end of the pageant on Aug. 4. The pageant is July 10 to Aug. 4.
Core cast members will receive a modest honorarium and the pageant will provide support for travel to and from Nauvoo, as well as accommodations while in Nauvoo.
To schedule an audition, call 801-240-6492 or 800-453-3860 ext. 2-6492.
For those outside of Utah, audition videos need to be sent to Nauvoo Pageant Core Cast Auditions, Music and Cultural Arts Division, 50 E. North Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84150, by Jan. 20.
For more information, go to www.nauvoopageant.org.
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- My Plan: A new tool to help LDS missionaries...
- LDS Church leaders share personal photos and...
- Russians' views on religion are changing, and...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in women's retail
- Mormon thrill ride creator still generating...
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in... 48
- Another Book of Mormon musical opens in... 31
- America welcomes Christians, Jews;... 30
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The... 23
- Defending the Faith: FairMormon... 17
- Duce's Wild: Working miracles... 12
- Russians' views on religion are... 9
- LDS World: Western author Wallace... 6