Photos courtesy Kris Larsen, Stage Manager Nauvoo Pageant
Auditions for 20 core cast roles in the 2012 Nauvoo Pageant will be Jan. 18-19 from 6 to 10 p.m. at Brigham Young University in Provo and Jan. 20 from 5:30 to 10 p.m. and Jan. 21 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Bountiful Regional Center. Callbacks will be Jan. 27-28 in North Salt Lake.
There are 10 roles for men, nine for women and one for a young man available and adult ages range from 20s to 60s.
Potential cast members for the outdoor pageant must be faithful, mature LDS performers, flexible and willing to work long hours. Once cast, candidates must also receive their bishop's recommendation.
Rehearsals for core cast members are Sundays evenings in May and early June for those who live in Utah. Daily rehearsals begin mid-June in Salt Lake City and then in Nauvoo until the end of the pageant on Aug. 4. The pageant is July 10 to Aug. 4.
Core cast members will receive a modest honorarium and the pageant will provide support for travel to and from Nauvoo, as well as accommodations while in Nauvoo.
To schedule an audition, call 801-240-6492 or 800-453-3860 ext. 2-6492.
For those outside of Utah, audition videos need to be sent to Nauvoo Pageant Core Cast Auditions, Music and Cultural Arts Division, 50 E. North Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84150, by Jan. 20.
For more information, go to www.nauvoopageant.org.
- Sister Frances J. Monson's legacy of love...
- LDS Church responds to Boy Scouts of...
- Mormon Parenting: Don’t call gay unions...
- Defending the Faith: A case for the...
- USA Today takes note of LDS sister missionaries
- Courage and valor: 'The Mormon boy didn't...
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her...
- Live streaming: Frances J. Monson funeral
- LDS Church responds to Boy Scouts of... 84
- Mormon Parenting: Don’t call gay... 68
- Defending the Faith: A case for the... 64
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her... 42
- Secretary of State John Kerry says... 28
- Wright Words: Oklahoma tornado provides... 24
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 23
- Letters to family show Steven Powell... 17