SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz should be at full strength for tonight's home game against the Memphis Grizzlies.
Starting point guard Devin Harris and reserve swingman Josh Howard, who both left early with leg injuries in Utah's last game Tuesday against Milwaukee, are both expected to play in tonight's 7 p.m. game at EnergySolutions Arena.
"Right now, I think everybody's a go," Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin said following Friday morning's shootaround. "They felt good yesterday and they felt good this morning in shootaround, so barring anything happening between now and then, they should be ready to go."
Harris, who's averaging 10.2 points and a team-leading 4.2 assists per game, left in the third quarter of Tuesday night's victory over Milwaukee with a strained left calf.
Following Friday's shootaround, Harris emphatically said he was "ready to roll, no doubt about it."
"I thought we had a good practice yesterday and we got better, and I'm looking forward to playing tonight," said Harris, the team's fourth-leading scorer.
Howard, the veteran 6-foot-7 forward/guard who's been a big boost off Utah's bench with an average of 11.4 points — third-best on the team — left Tuesday's game in the first quarter with a strain of his left quad muscle.
"Injuries ... are part of the game, especially with this condensed season, but you have to be prepared for it and get a lot of treatment," Howard said.
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Utah Jazz pick up rare road win against Miami...
- BYU running back Adam Hine enjoying Miami...
- Jazz center Rudy Gobert gets pushy with...
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in University...
- Having achieved its Final Four goal, the BYU...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 68
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 49
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 47
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 37
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 31
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 28