ANCHORAGE, Alaska — The league-leading Alaska Aces (24-5-2-3) defeated the Utah Grizzlies (15-14-0-3) 4-1 Thursday night in Anchorage, as they added two goals in the final four minutes to open up a 2-1 game.
Utah goaltender Andrew Engelage returned to the lineup in strong fashion and stopped 38 of 41 shots in his first game since Dec. 14.
Alaska built a 1-0 lead just 2:05 into the game on a power-play goal and made it 2-0 12:02 into the first period.
Utah struck back to make it 2-1 at the first intermission with leading scorer Mitch Fadden making his 10th goal of the year with six seconds left in the frame just nine seconds into a power-play. Utah captain Nick Tuzzolino picked up the only assist.
Utah and Alaska meet again Friday and Saturday in Anchorage at 9:15 p.m.
The Grizzlies return home Friday, Jan. 13 to host Idaho at 7:05 p.m.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 35
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 30
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Badger looking to become part of BYU's... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 20