Danny Moloshok, Associated Press
ANAHEIM, Calif. — Travis Wear scored a career-high 20 points, his twin brother David Wear added 14 points and UCLA held on over the final 5:18 to beat Arizona 65-58 Thursday night and stop a two-game skid.
The Bruins (8-7, 1-2) won their first Pac-12 game after losing at Stanford and California last weekend to avoid the program's first 0-3 start in league play since 1987-88. Lazeric Jones added 13 points.
Solomon Hill had 16 points and 11 rebounds and Jesse Perry added 13 points for the Wildcats (10-5, 1-1), who had their three-game winning streak end at Honda Center, where the Bruins played the third of four games as the home team. The game was billed as the John R. Wooden Classic, which has typically been played as a doubleheader in December.
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- Haws breaks all-time scoring record in 1st...
- 15 signs that you're addicted to your Fitbit
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 4A boys state tournament central: Live...
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- Haws' teammates marvel at his BYU scoring record
- Brad Rock: Utes have something to brag about...
- Too many turnovers, not enough baskets... 114
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 90
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 81
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 56
- Utah falls to No. 13 in AP poll;... 43
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 38
- Dick Harmon: Putting Haws' impending... 37
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30