PULLMAN, Wash — It was a tale of two halves for the Utah women's basketball team, as the Utes struggled to score in the second half in a 60-43 loss to Washington State on Thursday evening in Pac-12 play.
The Utes shot 50 percent in the first half and led by seven points at halftime but were unable to continue that in the second half, shooting just 27 percent from the field.
Taryn Wicijowski and Michelle Plouffe each led Utah with 12 points and seven rebounds apiece. Janita Badon was also in double figures with 10 points.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45