Jed Conklin, Associated Press
SPOKANE, Wash. — Freshman Gary Bell Jr. scored 15 points and No. 25 Gonzaga beat cold-shooting Pepperdine 73-45 on Thursday night for its 21st consecutive victory over the Waves.
Robert Sacre and Kevin Pangos each scored 11 points for Gonzaga (12-2, 2-0 West Coast Conference), which has won seven straight since consecutive losses to Illinois and Michigan State. They have not lost to the Waves since 2002, their longest current streak against a WCC rival.
Jordan Baker scored 10 points to lead Pepperdine (7-7, 1-2), which has not beaten a ranked opponent since 1994.
The Waves, who came in averaging 60 points per game, never led in the game and shot just 28.3 percent from the field. Their season-low had been 39 points in a loss to UCLA.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34