Jed Conklin, Associated Press
SPOKANE, Wash. — Freshman Gary Bell Jr. scored 15 points and No. 25 Gonzaga beat cold-shooting Pepperdine 73-45 on Thursday night for its 21st consecutive victory over the Waves.
Robert Sacre and Kevin Pangos each scored 11 points for Gonzaga (12-2, 2-0 West Coast Conference), which has won seven straight since consecutive losses to Illinois and Michigan State. They have not lost to the Waves since 2002, their longest current streak against a WCC rival.
Jordan Baker scored 10 points to lead Pepperdine (7-7, 1-2), which has not beaten a ranked opponent since 1994.
The Waves, who came in averaging 60 points per game, never led in the game and shot just 28.3 percent from the field. Their season-low had been 39 points in a loss to UCLA.
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 291
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 57
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37