Jed Conklin, Associated Press
SPOKANE, Wash. — Freshman Gary Bell Jr. scored 15 points and No. 25 Gonzaga beat cold-shooting Pepperdine 73-45 on Thursday night for its 21st consecutive victory over the Waves.
Robert Sacre and Kevin Pangos each scored 11 points for Gonzaga (12-2, 2-0 West Coast Conference), which has won seven straight since consecutive losses to Illinois and Michigan State. They have not lost to the Waves since 2002, their longest current streak against a WCC rival.
Jordan Baker scored 10 points to lead Pepperdine (7-7, 1-2), which has not beaten a ranked opponent since 1994.
The Waves, who came in averaging 60 points per game, never led in the game and shot just 28.3 percent from the field. Their season-low had been 39 points in a loss to UCLA.
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 100
- Morning links: National college... 98
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 80
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 7