SALT LAKE CITY — "The Miracle behind the Miracles: A Lecture by T. C. Christensen" will be at the Church History Museum auditorium on Jan. 25 at 7 p.m. as part of the museum's ongoing Evenings at the Museum program series.
T.C. Christensen is a well-known Latter-day Saint filmmaker and cinematographer. He will share insights and experiences from work on his most recent film, "17 Miracles," which he wrote and directed, about the Willie and Martin handcart companies.
Christensen has made more than 30 films, including many dealing with Mormon themes such as "Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration," "Emma Smith: My Story," "Testaments" and "The Work and the Glory." He also made "A Giant Among Men," a film about the life of President Gordon B. Hinckley. Christensen has been involved with many other feature filmsincluding "Rigoletto" and "Forever Strong" and IMAX films including "Lewis & Clark" for National Geographic and "Roving Mars" for Disney. His short films include "The Touch of the Master's Hand," "The Pump," "The Mouths of Babes," "Only a Stonecutter" and "The John Tanner Story."
Christensen has received more than 270 national and international awards for his work in directing and photography. In 2010, he was invited to join the American Society of Cinematographers.
The lecture is free and open to the public, but reservations are required. For reservations, please call the Church History Museum at 801-240-9573 weekdays between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
The Church History Museum is at 45 N. West Temple in Salt Lake City. Free event parking will be available at 119 W. North Temple.
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved legal...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Well-prepared Scouts rescue couple off Mount...
- LDS temple rises in Philadelphia
- ValueSpeak: A tip of the hat to innocence
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common Core,...
- LDS Church releases video about... 46
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved... 33
- Defending the Faith: Paul and his list... 29
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 17
- Is James Foley a martyr? A brutal death... 9
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS... 7
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10... 6
- In the Whirled: World peace and the... 5