At cornerback, Chris Cook isn't even on Frazier's radar, he said, after putting himself in major trouble with a felony domestic assault charge.
"I can't really factor him into what we're trying to get accomplished," the coach said.
Frazier said he's spoken to Cook a couple of times over the past few months, but they haven't met in person. His next court hearing, scheduled for March 5, will go a long way toward determining his status and future with the team.
"We have no idea what's going to happen. Once there's some clarity, a decision will be made," Frazier said.
Cornerback Cedric Griffin's comeback from his second reconstructive knee surgery in two years didn't go well, and he indicated a desire for a fresh start elsewhere. Frazier said he'll speak to Griffin in the coming weeks and determine whether he can still fit with the Vikings.
None of the players in recapping the season publicly expressed any doubt, though, about the viability of the Tampa Two system.
Defensive end Brian Robison, who finished with eight sacks in an up-and-down first year as a full-time starter, noted the importance of discipline and suggested that too many players tried to overcompensate by straying from their lane to make a big tackle, the downfall of such a gap-control defense. Those are the type of mistakes that happen when the losses pile up.
"Sometimes there is a thin line between doing too much and doing your job. You just have to find that balance," Robison said.
Greenway acknowledged putting too much pressure on himself to perform up to the standard of the five-year contract he signed before the season. His base salary alone was $5.5 million in 2011.
"You've just got to be yourself. I think I realized that three or four weeks in. Just go out there and play and have fun, and things will take care of themselves. I didn't have any interceptions. I'm completely disappointed about that. I didn't make enough big plays to get us enough wins," Greenway said.
Follow Dave Campbell on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/DaveCampbellAP
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28