At cornerback, Chris Cook isn't even on Frazier's radar, he said, after putting himself in major trouble with a felony domestic assault charge.
"I can't really factor him into what we're trying to get accomplished," the coach said.
Frazier said he's spoken to Cook a couple of times over the past few months, but they haven't met in person. His next court hearing, scheduled for March 5, will go a long way toward determining his status and future with the team.
"We have no idea what's going to happen. Once there's some clarity, a decision will be made," Frazier said.
Cornerback Cedric Griffin's comeback from his second reconstructive knee surgery in two years didn't go well, and he indicated a desire for a fresh start elsewhere. Frazier said he'll speak to Griffin in the coming weeks and determine whether he can still fit with the Vikings.
None of the players in recapping the season publicly expressed any doubt, though, about the viability of the Tampa Two system.
Defensive end Brian Robison, who finished with eight sacks in an up-and-down first year as a full-time starter, noted the importance of discipline and suggested that too many players tried to overcompensate by straying from their lane to make a big tackle, the downfall of such a gap-control defense. Those are the type of mistakes that happen when the losses pile up.
"Sometimes there is a thin line between doing too much and doing your job. You just have to find that balance," Robison said.
Greenway acknowledged putting too much pressure on himself to perform up to the standard of the five-year contract he signed before the season. His base salary alone was $5.5 million in 2011.
"You've just got to be yourself. I think I realized that three or four weeks in. Just go out there and play and have fun, and things will take care of themselves. I didn't have any interceptions. I'm completely disappointed about that. I didn't make enough big plays to get us enough wins," Greenway said.
Follow Dave Campbell on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/DaveCampbellAP
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- NCAA: No. 1 overall seed to choose tourney...
- IOC explores legal options on banning all...
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Oklahoma State forward Tyrek Coger dies after...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 126
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: National college... 76
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 63
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 52
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Annual instate college basketball... 37