SALT LAKE CITY — Utah will kick off its 2012 football season on Thursday, Aug. 30 at home against Northern Colorado of the Big Sky Conference. The Utes will renew their series with Utah State the following week in Logan before returning to Rice-Eccles Stadium for homecoming Sept. 15 against BYU.
The remainder of the season is comprised of Pac-12 play, beginning with a trip to Arizona State on Sept. 22. Then comes an open week before Utah hosts USC on Thursday, Oct. 4. The Utes play on seven consecutive Saturdays after that — visiting UCLA (Oct. 13) and Oregon State (Oct. 20) before home dates against California (Oct. 27) and Washington State (Nov. 3). On Nov. 10, Utah will take on Washington at CenturyLink Field in Seattle.
The Utes final home game is set for Nov. 17 against Arizona, while the regular-season finale is Friday, Nov. 23 at Colorado.
The Pac-12 championship game is set for Friday, Nov. 30.
Under the conference's new media rights deal with ESPN and Fox, along with the new Pac-12 Networks, every football game in the league will be televised nationally. Broadcast schedules and times will be announced at a later date.
"The one thing we heard loud and clear from fans across the conference is they want to see their teams play every week," Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott said in a released statement. "Starting in 2012 fans can see all games throughout the country."
2012 Utah football schedule
Aug. 30 — NORTHERN COLORADO
Sept. 8 — at Utah State
Sept. 15 — BYU
Sept. 22 — at Arizona State *
Sept. 29 — OPEN
Oct. 4 — USC *
Oct. 13 — at UCLA *
Oct. 20 — at Oregon State *
Oct. 27 — CALIFORNIA *
Nov. 3 — WASHINGTON STATE *
Nov. 10 — at Washington *
Nov. 17 — ARIZONA *
Nov. 23 — at Colorado *
* Pac-12 games
Email: email@example.com Twitter: @DirkFacer
- If hired, Jeff Hornacek will face same...
- High school boys track: Davis wins another 5A...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Mike Littlewood...
- High school girls track: Davis wins...
- The offseason status of NFL players with Utah...
- High school track: Boys championship results...
- High school football: Orem player responds...
- High school baseball: Snow Canyon overcomes...
- USA Rugby: 'What BYU won ... was a... 75
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle:... 66
- Ryan Teeples: Ziggy Ansah's story... 64
- Utes football recruiting: Polynesian... 62
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A, 3A state... 49
- High school football: Riley Nelson... 27
- Utah Utes football: Dr. Chris Hill... 21
- BYU, Ute baseball: Cougars come back... 21