SALT LAKE CITY — Utah will kick off its 2012 football season on Thursday, Aug. 30 at home against Northern Colorado of the Big Sky Conference. The Utes will renew their series with Utah State the following week in Logan before returning to Rice-Eccles Stadium for homecoming Sept. 15 against BYU.
The remainder of the season is comprised of Pac-12 play, beginning with a trip to Arizona State on Sept. 22. Then comes an open week before Utah hosts USC on Thursday, Oct. 4. The Utes play on seven consecutive Saturdays after that — visiting UCLA (Oct. 13) and Oregon State (Oct. 20) before home dates against California (Oct. 27) and Washington State (Nov. 3). On Nov. 10, Utah will take on Washington at CenturyLink Field in Seattle.
The Utes final home game is set for Nov. 17 against Arizona, while the regular-season finale is Friday, Nov. 23 at Colorado.
The Pac-12 championship game is set for Friday, Nov. 30.
Under the conference's new media rights deal with ESPN and Fox, along with the new Pac-12 Networks, every football game in the league will be televised nationally. Broadcast schedules and times will be announced at a later date.
"The one thing we heard loud and clear from fans across the conference is they want to see their teams play every week," Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott said in a released statement. "Starting in 2012 fans can see all games throughout the country."
2012 Utah football schedule
Aug. 30 — NORTHERN COLORADO
Sept. 8 — at Utah State
Sept. 15 — BYU
Sept. 22 — at Arizona State *
Sept. 29 — OPEN
Oct. 4 — USC *
Oct. 13 — at UCLA *
Oct. 20 — at Oregon State *
Oct. 27 — CALIFORNIA *
Nov. 3 — WASHINGTON STATE *
Nov. 10 — at Washington *
Nov. 17 — ARIZONA *
Nov. 23 — at Colorado *
* Pac-12 games
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: @DirkFacer
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with...
- BYU football: 5 questions with a Virginia...
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart from...
- High school football: Felt's Facts for Week...
- BYU defense, offense being noticed for...
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big part...
- BYU confirms Jim McMahon will be inducted...
- Parry's Power Guide for week 5
- Pac-12 trips have made the Big House a... 137
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 102
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 78
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 61
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 58
- Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback Taysom... 54
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 50
- If BYU and Utah played on the gridiron... 47