FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. — Matt Ryan says he's "a lot more mature" than in his first two NFL playoff appearances.
Ryan is bringing the best passing numbers of his career into the Falcons' wild-card playoff game at the New York Giants on Sunday.
He has 10 touchdown passes with no interceptions in his last four games. He set the Falcons' record for yards passing in a season.
As a rookie in 2008, Ryan and the Falcons lost a first-round game at Arizona. The Falcons had a first-round bye last year before a blowout loss at home to Green Bay. Ryan threw two interceptions in each loss.
He insists he's not motivated by those losses. He says talk of the past playoff games is another distraction he has learned to ignore.
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Utah Jazz pick up rare road win against Miami...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 43
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 35
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25