FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. — Matt Ryan says he's "a lot more mature" than in his first two NFL playoff appearances.
Ryan is bringing the best passing numbers of his career into the Falcons' wild-card playoff game at the New York Giants on Sunday.
He has 10 touchdown passes with no interceptions in his last four games. He set the Falcons' record for yards passing in a season.
As a rookie in 2008, Ryan and the Falcons lost a first-round game at Arizona. The Falcons had a first-round bye last year before a blowout loss at home to Green Bay. Ryan threw two interceptions in each loss.
He insists he's not motivated by those losses. He says talk of the past playoff games is another distraction he has learned to ignore.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 48
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 41
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 36
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26