SALT LAKE CITY — The suspects in the killing of an elderly Utah couple and the shooting of a Nevada woman who fought off a carjacking are being held in a Nevada jail on suspicion of kidnapping, robbery and an attempted murder charge.
Elko Municipal Court officials say prosecutors are preparing formal charges against 24-year-old Logan McFarland and 25-year-old Angela Atwood, both of Sanpete County, Utah.
McFarland is being held on $52,000 bail. Atwood's bail was set higher Wednesday at $102,000 because her booking statement accuses her of shooting a West Wendover woman in the head during a botched carjacking. She's being held for attempted murder.
Elko police filed a probable cause statement linking the pair to the killing of a couple in Mount Pleasant, Utah, where authorities say their crime spree started Friday.
- Some countries get Obama, but want his wife, too
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry, 2 crew...
- Colorado deaths stoke worries about pot edibles
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch
- Ride-sharing business launches despite...
- Get married, stay married? No fault divorce...
- Appeals judges question right to sue in...
- Obama: Religious intolerance has... 78
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- The dangers of financially illiterate... 31
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care 28
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 27
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 23
- Police: Student ate more pot than... 19
- Sentenced but never jailed, robber who... 16