SALT LAKE CITY — The suspects in the killing of an elderly Utah couple and the shooting of a Nevada woman who fought off a carjacking are being held in a Nevada jail on suspicion of kidnapping, robbery and an attempted murder charge.
Elko Municipal Court officials say prosecutors are preparing formal charges against 24-year-old Logan McFarland and 25-year-old Angela Atwood, both of Sanpete County, Utah.
McFarland is being held on $52,000 bail. Atwood's bail was set higher Wednesday at $102,000 because her booking statement accuses her of shooting a West Wendover woman in the head during a botched carjacking. She's being held for attempted murder.
Elko police filed a probable cause statement linking the pair to the killing of a couple in Mount Pleasant, Utah, where authorities say their crime spree started Friday.
- Photo gallery: Christmas around the world
- Heroes 2014: Ex-CIA officer uses...
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near Ferguson
- Our six heroes of 2014
- On Christmas, Obama marks end of Afghan combat
- NORAD 'tracks' Santa's journey across globe
- Capacity crowds pack screenings of 'The...
- How to help find a cure for Ebola from the...
- NYPD: Cop ambush killer told passers-by... 15
- Going it alone, Obama rocked the boat... 14
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near... 11
- Pope in blistering critique of Vatican... 9
- Key developments in the case of slain... 9
- Obama 's Christmas in Hawaii: Carols,... 9
- Killings of 2 New York officers trigger... 6
- Senate, CIA agree torture program was... 6