SALT LAKE CITY — The suspects in the killing of an elderly Utah couple and the shooting of a Nevada woman who fought off a carjacking are being held in a Nevada jail on suspicion of kidnapping, robbery and an attempted murder charge.
Elko Municipal Court officials say prosecutors are preparing formal charges against 24-year-old Logan McFarland and 25-year-old Angela Atwood, both of Sanpete County, Utah.
McFarland is being held on $52,000 bail. Atwood's bail was set higher Wednesday at $102,000 because her booking statement accuses her of shooting a West Wendover woman in the head during a botched carjacking. She's being held for attempted murder.
Elko police filed a probable cause statement linking the pair to the killing of a couple in Mount Pleasant, Utah, where authorities say their crime spree started Friday.
- Photos: UCLA wades through damage caused by...
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the time'
- Child sex trafficking bust reveals worries...
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should offer...
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit against Obama
- Probe exposes flaws behind HealthCare.gov...
- Democrats have million-dollar day on impeachment
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the... 46
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 44
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should... 25
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 22
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 18
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit... 16
- Democrats have million-dollar day on... 13
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule;... 12