SALT LAKE CITY — The suspects in the killing of an elderly Utah couple and the shooting of a Nevada woman who fought off a carjacking are being held in a Nevada jail on suspicion of kidnapping, robbery and an attempted murder charge.
Elko Municipal Court officials say prosecutors are preparing formal charges against 24-year-old Logan McFarland and 25-year-old Angela Atwood, both of Sanpete County, Utah.
McFarland is being held on $52,000 bail. Atwood's bail was set higher Wednesday at $102,000 because her booking statement accuses her of shooting a West Wendover woman in the head during a botched carjacking. She's being held for attempted murder.
Elko police filed a probable cause statement linking the pair to the killing of a couple in Mount Pleasant, Utah, where authorities say their crime spree started Friday.
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby...
- Train with plane crash bodies leaves rebel town
- Gov. Rick Perry sending National Guard to...
- Survey: Public 'warm' to Jews, Catholics and...
- Federal appeals court deals serious blow to...
- BYU-Idaho, Rexburg experience flooding after...
- To encourage saving, some states turn to prizes
- Dutch tell rebels: Train full of bodies must...
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 44
- Obama will sign order barring gay,... 25
- Gov. Rick Perry sending National Guard... 21
- Tea party groups' suit against IRS... 20
- US appeals court tosses Oklahoma gay... 18
- Ukraine: 295 on Malaysia plane shot... 14
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12
- Obama voices concern about casualties... 10