DES MOINES, Iowa — A Republican official says that 2008 GOP nominee John McCain is endorsing Mitt Romney for the party's 2012 nomination.
The official was not authorized to speak publicly about the endorsement and requested anonymity to discuss it.
The official says McCain's endorsement is scheduled to be announced Wednesday.
The endorsement is a signal by the GOP's one-time standard-bearer that Republicans should start falling in line behind the former Massachusetts governor.
- Consumer group lists '10 worst toys' for kids
- Q&A with President Henry B. Eyring, Elder L....
- Utah members of Congress slam Obama's...
- Police: Gunman killed after shooting at FSU
- Obama to announce immigration action Thursday
- What missing class in Kindergarten means for...
- A GDP showdown: How do state GDP numbers line...
- Pastors opposed to same-sex marriage vow not...
- Utah members of Congress slam Obama's... 51
- Pope announces U.S. visit, greets... 34
- Obama to announce immigration action... 30
- Q&A with President Henry B. Eyring,... 20
- Gay marriage issue squarely before high... 15
- Japan slides into recession as tax hike... 14
- Republicans: Keystone pipeline down,... 13
- President Obama's immigration speech... 12