DES MOINES, Iowa — A Republican official says that 2008 GOP nominee John McCain is endorsing Mitt Romney for the party's 2012 nomination.
The official was not authorized to speak publicly about the endorsement and requested anonymity to discuss it.
The official says McCain's endorsement is scheduled to be announced Wednesday.
The endorsement is a signal by the GOP's one-time standard-bearer that Republicans should start falling in line behind the former Massachusetts governor.
- The Associated Press' top 10 movies of the year
- Police boss: NYC cops 'quite simply,...
- Christmas 1914: The day even WWI showed humanity
- What people never mention when they talk...
- Prepackaged caramel apples linked to 4...
- Cincinnati coach Mick Cronin has aneurysm
- Think your marital status is important? The...
- Hackers warn not to release 'The Interview'...
- Obama: US re-establishing diplomatic... 49
- Vermont governor abandons single-payer... 32
- A post-election flurry: Obama tests his... 16
- Sony cancels 'The Interview' Dec. 25... 15
- Forget Santa Claus, Virginia. Was there... 14
- Taliban assault on Pakistan school... 13
- Utah football's Hackett, Orchard named... 11
- NYC premiere of Rogen film 'The... 8