Rochelle Price, Rochelle Price,
AMERICAN FORK — The American Fork High School Marching Band took center stage Monday before a national audience, as they marched in this year's Rose Parade.
It's the third time the band has been invited to play in the national event. The most recent invitation came in 1998.
The band performed the "Armed Forces Medley" and "76 Trombones" from "The Music Man" as they marched the seven-mile route.
"It was really long and hard and sweaty," said band member Adam Bigler in a phone interview. "It was really fun and something we are going to remember for a long time."
"It was really cool. It wasn't just American Fork — people were shouting 'Go Utah!' and things like that. (It was) a different experience for us," added band member Rain Price, whose mother Rochelle Price submitted photos of the event to KSL and the Deseret News.
Here at home, parents were thrilled and proud to see their children represent Utah.
Robbie and Gina Jackson and their family gathered around the computer at home to see a live stream of their children, Brit and Kayla. Brit, a senior, plays the trumpet and Kayla, a sophomore, plays the flute.
"(I am) totally excited. Been waiting all morning for this, all year really, working towards the Rose Parade," Robbie said. "The kids worked so hard — it was exciting to see them."
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Splashing through the city: Giant slip and...
- A photographic look at how Days of '47 floats...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 75
- Supporters rally around breast-feeding... 71
- Gov. says Utah will comply with law if... 59
- Herbert on Common Core: 'We are going... 37
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- $1.8B project to take Salt Lake City... 17
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14