Rochelle Price, Rochelle Price,
AMERICAN FORK — The American Fork High School Marching Band took center stage Monday before a national audience, as they marched in this year's Rose Parade.
It's the third time the band has been invited to play in the national event. The most recent invitation came in 1998.
The band performed the "Armed Forces Medley" and "76 Trombones" from "The Music Man" as they marched the seven-mile route.
"It was really long and hard and sweaty," said band member Adam Bigler in a phone interview. "It was really fun and something we are going to remember for a long time."
"It was really cool. It wasn't just American Fork — people were shouting 'Go Utah!' and things like that. (It was) a different experience for us," added band member Rain Price, whose mother Rochelle Price submitted photos of the event to KSL and the Deseret News.
Here at home, parents were thrilled and proud to see their children represent Utah.
Robbie and Gina Jackson and their family gathered around the computer at home to see a live stream of their children, Brit and Kayla. Brit, a senior, plays the trumpet and Kayla, a sophomore, plays the flute.
"(I am) totally excited. Been waiting all morning for this, all year really, working towards the Rose Parade," Robbie said. "The kids worked so hard — it was exciting to see them."
- Martin MacNeill cuts self with razor in...
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday...
- Longtime teacher, BYU instructor appointed...
- Federal website fixes allowing more Utahns to...
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- As winter takes hold, needs increase for...
- Utahns react to death of Nelson Mandela
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 106
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Federal website fixes allowing more... 44
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 26
- Utah A.G. John Swallow: 'No way to... 25
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 25
- Utahns react to death of Nelson Mandela 23
- Candidates seeking to replace Swallow... 19