FLORHAM PARK, N.J. — The Jacksonville Jaguars have received permission from the New York Jets to interview offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer for their head coaching vacancy.
Jets coach Rex Ryan has said he expects the embattled Schottenheimer to be back unless he becomes a head coach elsewhere. General manager Mike Tannenbaum also wants the offensive coordinator to return, but confirms Monday that Schottenheimer will speak to the Jaguars.
Jacksonville fired coach Jack Del Rio in November, and has also received permission to interview Atlanta offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey.
Schottenheimer, the son of former NFL coach Marty Schottenheimer, has been the Jets' offensive coordinator for six seasons but has been highly criticized for the Jets' inconsistencies on a unit that ranked 25th overall and for quarterback Mark Sanchez failing to progress in his third year.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 116
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 51
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 47
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45