Marcio Jose Sanchez, Associated Press
SAN DIEGO — Chargers coach Norv Turner says he knows a decision on his future is being made by team president Dean Spanos and will be announced in a matter of days.
Turner says he'd be "excited" to return to the Chargers for his sixth season because he thinks they "can go do some great things."
Whether he gets the chance is up to Spanos, who also is deciding whether general manager A.J. Smith returns.
The Chargers (8-8) missed the playoffs for the second straight season. They started 4-1 and ended 4-1, but were doomed by a six-game losing streak in the middle of the season.
Turner, who has two years left on his contract, was fired by the Washington Redskins and Oakland Raiders in previous stints as an NFL head coach.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 79
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35