LAKE FOREST, Ill. — Chicago Bears coach Lovie Smith wasn't ready to say if Mike Martz will return for a third season as offensive coordinator.
Changes figure to be in store after the Bears finished 8-8 following a monumental collapse that left them out of the playoffs for the fourth time in five years.
The Bears struggled after quarterback Jay Cutler and running back Matt Forte were injured. They dropped five straight before winning the finale at Minnesota. As the losses mounted, so did speculation that Martz was on his way out.
He has an expiring contract, and Smith was noncommittal when asked Monday if he'll be back. Smith says he hopes to have a decision as soon as possible.
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 116
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 63
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 51