Utah Jazz: Ga. Tech guys don't lose sleep over Utes' win
SAN ANTONIO — The Jazz's Georgia Tech guys weren't overly distraught the Yellow Jackets got stung in overtime by the Utah football team.
In fact, Jazz broadcaster Matt Harpring, who used to play football, and second-year big Derrick Favors both missed the game.
Favors knew the game was on, but he took a nap to rest up for Saturday's game against the Spurs. The Jazz didn't land in San Antonio until 3 a.m. CT.
But the 20-year-old, who played one season of Georgia Tech hoops, was a graceful loser.
"Awww," Favors said when hearing the Utes rallied for a 30-27 win. "Well, I can't be mad, can't be mad. At least it's Utah, right?"
Incidentally, there was another Jazz connection with a college team that lost to a Utah squad. C.J. Miles' younger brother, Cameron, played in San Diego's 88-52 West Coast Conference loss at BYU on Saturday.
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 103
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 81
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 13
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7
- Doug Robinson: Why this mother of four... 5