Utah Jazz: Ga. Tech guys don't lose sleep over Utes' win
SAN ANTONIO — The Jazz's Georgia Tech guys weren't overly distraught the Yellow Jackets got stung in overtime by the Utah football team.
In fact, Jazz broadcaster Matt Harpring, who used to play football, and second-year big Derrick Favors both missed the game.
Favors knew the game was on, but he took a nap to rest up for Saturday's game against the Spurs. The Jazz didn't land in San Antonio until 3 a.m. CT.
But the 20-year-old, who played one season of Georgia Tech hoops, was a graceful loser.
"Awww," Favors said when hearing the Utes rallied for a 30-27 win. "Well, I can't be mad, can't be mad. At least it's Utah, right?"
Incidentally, there was another Jazz connection with a college team that lost to a Utah squad. C.J. Miles' younger brother, Cameron, played in San Diego's 88-52 West Coast Conference loss at BYU on Saturday.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- Prep football: Kafentzis, 'Diggers dig out of...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 51
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48