Utah Jazz: Ga. Tech guys don't lose sleep over Utes' win
SAN ANTONIO — The Jazz's Georgia Tech guys weren't overly distraught the Yellow Jackets got stung in overtime by the Utah football team.
In fact, Jazz broadcaster Matt Harpring, who used to play football, and second-year big Derrick Favors both missed the game.
Favors knew the game was on, but he took a nap to rest up for Saturday's game against the Spurs. The Jazz didn't land in San Antonio until 3 a.m. CT.
But the 20-year-old, who played one season of Georgia Tech hoops, was a graceful loser.
"Awww," Favors said when hearing the Utes rallied for a 30-27 win. "Well, I can't be mad, can't be mad. At least it's Utah, right?"
Incidentally, there was another Jazz connection with a college team that lost to a Utah squad. C.J. Miles' younger brother, Cameron, played in San Diego's 88-52 West Coast Conference loss at BYU on Saturday.
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Gauging their market value: Jazz trade value...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the latest...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer Longson:...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 66
- Utes rally but fall short against Kansas 61
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU's Mendenhall addresses Big 12... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 29
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 19