SALT LAKE CITY — Three games on the road in five nights against likely playoff teams is a tough task for any team, let alone one trying to mix and match parts.
January is much kinder to the Jazz, who play 12 of 15 games in Utah beginning Monday against New Orleans.
"It's huge for us to come out and take care of our business at home," Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin said. "Typically, younger teams play better at home. We're expecting a better effort, better results in going at it at home."
From his Dallas days, Josh Howard knows how intimidating EnergySolutions Arena can be for visitors. He cited Jazz fans as being a reason for choosing to sign with Utah.
"(We need to) use the home-court advantage against those teams," he said, "and hopefully we can get those 12."
Added Corbin: "But it's not going to be easy. You can't just count on being at home and think you'll win just because you're at home. You've still got to come out and play."
Conversely, Utah has 22 road games (and only 12 home contests) between Feb. 2-April 2.
Monday: Jazz vs. New Orleans, 7 p.m.
Chris Paul who? NBA commissioner/Hornets owner David Stern's team is off to a fine start.
Tuesday: Jazz vs. Milwaukee, 7 p.m.
Andrew Bogut's jersey number is 6. Or is that over/under for wins by the former Ute's alma mater?
Friday: Jazz vs. Memphis, 7 p.m.
It's hard to believe struggling Grizzlies were a playoff force last summer. No, really, they were!
Saturday: Jazz at Golden State, 8:30 p.m.
Utah's potential lottery pick might be better than the protected one it could get from Mark Jackson's crew.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 109
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 80
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 50
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33