SALT LAKE CITY — Three games on the road in five nights against likely playoff teams is a tough task for any team, let alone one trying to mix and match parts.
January is much kinder to the Jazz, who play 12 of 15 games in Utah beginning Monday against New Orleans.
"It's huge for us to come out and take care of our business at home," Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin said. "Typically, younger teams play better at home. We're expecting a better effort, better results in going at it at home."
From his Dallas days, Josh Howard knows how intimidating EnergySolutions Arena can be for visitors. He cited Jazz fans as being a reason for choosing to sign with Utah.
"(We need to) use the home-court advantage against those teams," he said, "and hopefully we can get those 12."
Added Corbin: "But it's not going to be easy. You can't just count on being at home and think you'll win just because you're at home. You've still got to come out and play."
Conversely, Utah has 22 road games (and only 12 home contests) between Feb. 2-April 2.
Monday: Jazz vs. New Orleans, 7 p.m.
Chris Paul who? NBA commissioner/Hornets owner David Stern's team is off to a fine start.
Tuesday: Jazz vs. Milwaukee, 7 p.m.
Andrew Bogut's jersey number is 6. Or is that over/under for wins by the former Ute's alma mater?
Friday: Jazz vs. Memphis, 7 p.m.
It's hard to believe struggling Grizzlies were a playoff force last summer. No, really, they were!
Saturday: Jazz at Golden State, 8:30 p.m.
Utah's potential lottery pick might be better than the protected one it could get from Mark Jackson's crew.
- College football predictions: How will 2014...
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars So'oto,...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall,...
- BYU Cougars video: Jeff Call tells us what to...
- Peavler: Why the UConn game won't be a repeat...
- The good, the bad and the most likely:...
- BYU offense looking for much better...
- BYU football: Jordan Johnson and Robertson...
- College football predictions: How will... 60
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 44
- Utah football: Utes eye successful start 38
- True freshman Brad Kaaya beats out... 36
- Brad Rock: Five reasons Utes think... 35
- BYU football: Taysom Hill's experience,... 30
- Sports BLT: BYU fan gets creative with... 29