Vick connected with Jackson to make it 20-10 in the fourth quarter. It could've been Jackson's last game with the Eagles. The two-time Pro Bowl wide receiver played the final year of his rookie contract and never got the extension he wanted after holding out in training camp.
A 4-yard TD toss from Vick to Brent Celek made it 27-10.
Roy Helu turned a screen pass into a 47-yard TD to get Washington within 10-7 on the opening drive of the second half.
The Redskins turned the ball over on downs at the Eagles 35 in the final minute of the second quarter. They got the ball back when Brian Orakpo sacked Vick and forced a fumble. Perry Riley recovered at the 17, but the Redskins wasted the field position.
An unsportsmanlike penalty on Santana Moss for taking off his helmet and arguing a non-call for pass interference pushed the ball back, and the clock expired before Gano could attempt a field goal after Jabar Gaffney was tackled at the Eagles 7. Long snapper Nick Sundberg wasn't on the field as players scurried to the line of scrimmage.
"A little mix-up there relative to communication, coupled with not getting the play," Shanahan said, explaining that the headsets weren't working at the time.
Notes: The Eagles set a franchise record for total yards with 6,386. ... Eagles WR Jeremy Maclin had eight catches for 105 yards. ... Eagles rookie K Alex Henery finished the season 24 of 27 on field goals for the best percentage (88.9) in team history. ... Jackson became the fifth player in NFL history to have 900 yards receiving in each of his first four seasons. ... Grossman finished with 20 interceptions despite not starting three games. ... Shanahan's previous worst season was 6-10 last year and with Denver in 1999. ... Vick threw a career-high 14 interceptions. ... Orakpo left with a left shoulder injury. He'll have an MRI on Monday.
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball championship...
- High school football: Improbable final play...
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- Former BYU pitcher Jeremy Guthrie's little...
- Mormons in the rodeo: LDS competitors find...
- Keeping it rolling: Utes top Trojans in... 88
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 78
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 58
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 54
- High school football: State tournament... 50
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32