JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Ohio State and Florida have been two of college football's most consistent programs in recent years.
Conference championships, big-time bowl games, national titles, the Buckeyes and Gators have experienced it all.
This year proved much different for two of the country's power programs.
New coaches, personnel issues and losing streaks left Ohio State and Florida with their worst seasons in decades and landed them in the Gator Bowl.
One of the two will end up with another low: a losing season.
The Buckeyes (6-6) and Gators (6-6) will try to avoid carrying that baggage into the offseason by winning Monday's game. It's the most significant storyline in the matchup that has been hyped as Urban Meyer's former team vs. his future team.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 79
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35