CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. — Utah Valley got 21 points from Holton Hunsaker and a double-double from Geddes Robinsonbut couldn't keep up with Chattanooga in a 74-59 loss on Friday night in the Dr. Pepper Classic championship game.
Robinson, who was named to the All-Tournament Team, had 11 points and 10 rebounds and Hunsaker hit five 3-pointers but the Mocs (6-8) pulled away late behind a balanced attack.
"I was pleased with how we competed and fought throughout the game," said Wolverine coach Dick Hunsaker. "We just have not been able to do a good job of getting everybody on the same page on a given night."
SOUTHERN UTAH 91, UNMKC 77: At Kansas City, Mo., Ramell Taulor scored 21 points and all five Southern Utah starters finished in double figures as the Thunderbirds picked up their second straight road win and third overall with a 91-77 win at UMKC Friday night. With the Win the Thunderbirds improved to 7-6 overall and 2-1 in Summit League play while UMKC dipped to 7-9, 1-3 in league play.
SUU shot 62.5 percent from the floor and dominated the glass, out-rebounding the Kangaroos 35-14.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- High school football: Hunter Wolverines 2015...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 111
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 21
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 20