CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. — Utah Valley got 21 points from Holton Hunsaker and a double-double from Geddes Robinsonbut couldn't keep up with Chattanooga in a 74-59 loss on Friday night in the Dr. Pepper Classic championship game.
Robinson, who was named to the All-Tournament Team, had 11 points and 10 rebounds and Hunsaker hit five 3-pointers but the Mocs (6-8) pulled away late behind a balanced attack.
"I was pleased with how we competed and fought throughout the game," said Wolverine coach Dick Hunsaker. "We just have not been able to do a good job of getting everybody on the same page on a given night."
SOUTHERN UTAH 91, UNMKC 77: At Kansas City, Mo., Ramell Taulor scored 21 points and all five Southern Utah starters finished in double figures as the Thunderbirds picked up their second straight road win and third overall with a 91-77 win at UMKC Friday night. With the Win the Thunderbirds improved to 7-6 overall and 2-1 in Summit League play while UMKC dipped to 7-9, 1-3 in league play.
SUU shot 62.5 percent from the floor and dominated the glass, out-rebounding the Kangaroos 35-14.
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being forced out...
- Amy Donaldson: South Jordan mom eyes Boston...
- Brad Rock: Silence is the wrong approach for...
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act together
- Bingham nearly topples undefeated Florida...
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look at...
- Dick Harmon: BYU starters lose 3-point range...
- Meet the 21 Utah ties on the NFL playoff rosters
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 75
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 63
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being... 45
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football... 41
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act... 38
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU starters lose 3-point... 15
- Pangos, Wiltjer lead Gonzaga to victory... 13