CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. — Utah Valley got 21 points from Holton Hunsaker and a double-double from Geddes Robinsonbut couldn't keep up with Chattanooga in a 74-59 loss on Friday night in the Dr. Pepper Classic championship game.
Robinson, who was named to the All-Tournament Team, had 11 points and 10 rebounds and Hunsaker hit five 3-pointers but the Mocs (6-8) pulled away late behind a balanced attack.
"I was pleased with how we competed and fought throughout the game," said Wolverine coach Dick Hunsaker. "We just have not been able to do a good job of getting everybody on the same page on a given night."
SOUTHERN UTAH 91, UNMKC 77: At Kansas City, Mo., Ramell Taulor scored 21 points and all five Southern Utah starters finished in double figures as the Thunderbirds picked up their second straight road win and third overall with a 91-77 win at UMKC Friday night. With the Win the Thunderbirds improved to 7-6 overall and 2-1 in Summit League play while UMKC dipped to 7-9, 1-3 in league play.
SUU shot 62.5 percent from the floor and dominated the glass, out-rebounding the Kangaroos 35-14.
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33