CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. — Utah Valley got 21 points from Holton Hunsaker and a double-double from Geddes Robinsonbut couldn't keep up with Chattanooga in a 74-59 loss on Friday night in the Dr. Pepper Classic championship game.
Robinson, who was named to the All-Tournament Team, had 11 points and 10 rebounds and Hunsaker hit five 3-pointers but the Mocs (6-8) pulled away late behind a balanced attack.
"I was pleased with how we competed and fought throughout the game," said Wolverine coach Dick Hunsaker. "We just have not been able to do a good job of getting everybody on the same page on a given night."
SOUTHERN UTAH 91, UNMKC 77: At Kansas City, Mo., Ramell Taulor scored 21 points and all five Southern Utah starters finished in double figures as the Thunderbirds picked up their second straight road win and third overall with a 91-77 win at UMKC Friday night. With the Win the Thunderbirds improved to 7-6 overall and 2-1 in Summit League play while UMKC dipped to 7-9, 1-3 in league play.
SUU shot 62.5 percent from the floor and dominated the glass, out-rebounding the Kangaroos 35-14.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 34
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 25
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21