Utah Jazz: Al Jefferson injured, Derrick Favors to start vs. Sixers
Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY Derrick Favors didn't last on the bench long.
The second-year big man will start tonight for the Utah Jazz against the Philadelphia 76ers, after all.
Favors is replacing usual starting center Al Jefferson because Big Al is out with an inflamed right ankle, the Jazz announced not long before the 7 p.m. MT tipoff.
This will be the first game Jefferson has missed since joining the Jazz at the beginning of the 2010-11 season.
Paul Millsap will be the starting power forward, a move Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin made at this morning's shootaround.
Jefferson's status for Saturday's game in San Antonio is unknown at this point.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: DJJazzyJody
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley paying a...
- Morning links: Bronson Kaufusi could be on...
- Dick Harmon: Sitake is taking advantage of...
- Free agent roundup: Where local prospects are...
- For some Jazz players, their future is up in...
- Utah State football: Offensive lineman Tyshon...
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL draftee
- 41-year-old mom looking to join U.S. team,...
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley... 116
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL... 76
- Big 12 would be better off expanding,... 71
- BYU's Kaufusi, selected in 3rd round of... 32
- Former BYU quarterback Jake Heaps signs... 31
- Report: Utah's Poeltl, Weber State's... 27
- Dick Harmon: SUU, Kaufusi big winners... 27
- Morning links: Taysom Hill a Top 25... 15