Utah Jazz: Al Jefferson injured, Derrick Favors to start vs. Sixers
Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY Derrick Favors didn't last on the bench long.
The second-year big man will start tonight for the Utah Jazz against the Philadelphia 76ers, after all.
Favors is replacing usual starting center Al Jefferson because Big Al is out with an inflamed right ankle, the Jazz announced not long before the 7 p.m. MT tipoff.
This will be the first game Jefferson has missed since joining the Jazz at the beginning of the 2010-11 season.
Paul Millsap will be the starting power forward, a move Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin made at this morning's shootaround.
Jefferson's status for Saturday's game in San Antonio is unknown at this point.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: DJJazzyJody
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Oklahoma State forward Tyrek Coger dies after...
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Morning links: National college... 91
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 83
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 74
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 55
- Annual instate college basketball... 38
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31