Utah Jazz: Al Jefferson injured, Derrick Favors to start vs. Sixers
Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY Derrick Favors didn't last on the bench long.
The second-year big man will start tonight for the Utah Jazz against the Philadelphia 76ers, after all.
Favors is replacing usual starting center Al Jefferson because Big Al is out with an inflamed right ankle, the Jazz announced not long before the 7 p.m. MT tipoff.
This will be the first game Jefferson has missed since joining the Jazz at the beginning of the 2010-11 season.
Paul Millsap will be the starting power forward, a move Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin made at this morning's shootaround.
Jefferson's status for Saturday's game in San Antonio is unknown at this point.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: DJJazzyJody
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- The photos from the seats and the sideline...
- Utah football notes: Paul makes quite a splash
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU football report card: Special teams...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 138
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 89
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 76
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 66
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 52
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33