Utah Jazz: Al Jefferson injured, Derrick Favors to start vs. Sixers
Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY Derrick Favors didn't last on the bench long.
The second-year big man will start tonight for the Utah Jazz against the Philadelphia 76ers, after all.
Favors is replacing usual starting center Al Jefferson because Big Al is out with an inflamed right ankle, the Jazz announced not long before the 7 p.m. MT tipoff.
This will be the first game Jefferson has missed since joining the Jazz at the beginning of the 2010-11 season.
Paul Millsap will be the starting power forward, a move Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin made at this morning's shootaround.
Jefferson's status for Saturday's game in San Antonio is unknown at this point.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: DJJazzyJody
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 117
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 48
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 46
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45