Utah Jazz: Al Jefferson injured, Derrick Favors to start vs. Sixers
Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY Derrick Favors didn't last on the bench long.
The second-year big man will start tonight for the Utah Jazz against the Philadelphia 76ers, after all.
Favors is replacing usual starting center Al Jefferson because Big Al is out with an inflamed right ankle, the Jazz announced not long before the 7 p.m. MT tipoff.
This will be the first game Jefferson has missed since joining the Jazz at the beginning of the 2010-11 season.
Paul Millsap will be the starting power forward, a move Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin made at this morning's shootaround.
Jefferson's status for Saturday's game in San Antonio is unknown at this point.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: DJJazzyJody
- Utah State's Kevin Whimpey is an athlete,...
- Red and Blue Recruits: BYU's new commit gets...
- Records fall as BYU, Chase Fischer shoot past...
- Dick Harmon: Christian Stewart's season of...
- BYU football: After initial struggles,...
- High school boys basketball: 5A team-by-team...
- High school basketball: Tuesday's roundup
- Brotherhood: Vigil brothers have been driving...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 160
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 93
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU... 66
- Branden Bowen breaks Utah commitment,... 48
- Utah football: Utes' annual game with... 47
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 40
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants... 37
- Utes on the verge of a winning Pac-12... 30