DES MOINES — Don't expect Herman Cain to endorse any of the Republican presidential candidates before Tuesday's Iowa caucuses
Cain's campaign manager Mark Block told The Associated Press in an e-mail on Friday that the former GOP candidate is not prepared to endorse anyone. He did not elaborate.
Cain enjoyed a surge of support in the fall and briefly became a front-runner for the GOP nomination. The Georgia businessman dropped out of the race in early December after facing allegations of sexual impropriety. At the time, he'd said he would offer an endorsement.
Cain attracted a strong following among tea party activists.
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- NTSB: Plane that crashed in Arizona killing...
- Israel vows to destroy Hamas tunnels, with or...
- Sex education should start sooner, study finds
- Witnesses at Utah trial: No security-camera...
- Sorting out the claims after pipe break: Who...
- The creepiest Internet-related happenings of...
- House leaders abandon border bill
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 53
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the... 47
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 44
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit... 37
- GOP: Lois Lerner's IRS emails show bias... 30
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should... 28
- House leaders abandon border bill 25
- GOP-led House approves lawsuit against... 15