SAN DIEGO — If all goes right on New Year's Eve, daredevils Robbie Maddison and Levi LaVallee will roar down the takeoff ramps on a motorcycle and snowmobile, respectively, fly over a 300-foot water gap and complete their record-setting jumps.
The side-by-side jumps at Embarcadero Marina Park on San Diego Bay will be the latest in the "Red Bull: New Year. No Limits" series.
LaVallee, of Longville, Minn., was scheduled to attempt his snowmobile jump last New Year's Eve in snowless San Diego but was seriously injured in a crash during training two weeks earlier.
He wants to break his record of 361 feet, set hours before his painful wipeout.
Maddison, an Australian who's a veteran of eye-popping New Year's Eve stunts, wants to jump 400 feet, which would break the record of 391 feet for the longest motorcycle jump.
The jumps will be shown live on ESPN at approximately midnight EST.
- Photos: UCLA wades through damage caused by...
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the time'
- Child sex trafficking bust reveals worries...
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should offer...
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit against Obama
- Democrats have million-dollar day on impeachment
- Georgia girl struck by plane on Florida beach...
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the... 46
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 44
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should... 25
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 22
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 18
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit... 16
- Democrats have million-dollar day on... 13
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule;... 12