SAN DIEGO — If all goes right on New Year's Eve, daredevils Robbie Maddison and Levi LaVallee will roar down the takeoff ramps on a motorcycle and snowmobile, respectively, fly over a 300-foot water gap and complete their record-setting jumps.
The side-by-side jumps at Embarcadero Marina Park on San Diego Bay will be the latest in the "Red Bull: New Year. No Limits" series.
LaVallee, of Longville, Minn., was scheduled to attempt his snowmobile jump last New Year's Eve in snowless San Diego but was seriously injured in a crash during training two weeks earlier.
He wants to break his record of 361 feet, set hours before his painful wipeout.
Maddison, an Australian who's a veteran of eye-popping New Year's Eve stunts, wants to jump 400 feet, which would break the record of 391 feet for the longest motorcycle jump.
The jumps will be shown live on ESPN at approximately midnight EST.
- Security breached: Intruder gets into White...
- 11 best—and worst—state tax systems
- 'The Voice' returns Monday with Pharrell,...
- Tense hunt in trooper ambush case hits 8 days
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video sentenced
- Second man arrested trying to enter White...
- Actress detained by police refuses to apologize
- After vote to stay in UK, Scots must heal divide
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 19
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a... 15
- School police stock up on free military... 11
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- How much America wants to be taxed 7
- Gamers use police hoax to lash out at... 6
- New Jersey loses 4th casino as Trump... 5
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt... 5