SAN DIEGO — If all goes right on New Year's Eve, daredevils Robbie Maddison and Levi LaVallee will roar down the takeoff ramps on a motorcycle and snowmobile, respectively, fly over a 300-foot water gap and complete their record-setting jumps.
The side-by-side jumps at Embarcadero Marina Park on San Diego Bay will be the latest in the "Red Bull: New Year. No Limits" series.
LaVallee, of Longville, Minn., was scheduled to attempt his snowmobile jump last New Year's Eve in snowless San Diego but was seriously injured in a crash during training two weeks earlier.
He wants to break his record of 361 feet, set hours before his painful wipeout.
Maddison, an Australian who's a veteran of eye-popping New Year's Eve stunts, wants to jump 400 feet, which would break the record of 391 feet for the longest motorcycle jump.
The jumps will be shown live on ESPN at approximately midnight EST.
- Utah humanitarian aid worker returns from...
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold line on...
- New dynasty: Giants capture 3rd title in 5 years
- Gunfire, arrests erupt as Giants fans revel...
- Maine in standoff with nurse over Ebola...
- Israeli leader lashes back at harsh US criticism
- Pope Francis: ‘Evolution is not...
- Churches proceed carefully when encouraging...
- Pope Francis: ‘Evolution ... 62
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold... 37
- Pastor who performed gay marriage keeps... 30
- Utah among lowest in nation in... 20
- Obama on Ebola fight: US can't seal... 19
- Churches proceed carefully when... 16
- George P. Bush says dad Jeb Bush is... 15
- Israeli leader lashes back at harsh US... 13