COLLEGE STATION, Texas — Elston Turner scored 19 points and Ray Turner added 15 and a career-high 15 rebounds as Texas A&M got a 76-58 win over Division II Arkansas Tech on Thursday night.
The win breaks a two-game skid for the Aggies (9-3) in their last non-conference game before opening Big 12 play on Monday against No. 6 Baylor.
Texas A&M was up by 12 points before using an 8-3 run, highlighted by a dunk by freshman Daniel Alexander, to extend its advantage to 51-34 with about 12 minutes remaining.
Arkansas Tech (8-2) was led by Johnie Davis, who had 16 points.
The Aggies outshot Arkansas Tech 51 percent to 35 percent and had 19 more rebounds with 47 total in the game.
- ACC media days has some interesting tidbits...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to expand,...
- Some fringe Jazz players opened eyes in Vegas
- Off on the right foot: BYU Cougars looking...
- Former BYU defensive lineman Eathyn...
- High school football: Top 25 preseason rankings
- Rock On: Utah has LeBron Syndrome
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 182
- Report: Former BYU guard Jimmer... 73
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 72
- BYU's Jamaal Williams, Utah State's Joe... 58
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 51
- ACC media days has some interesting... 39
- Brad Rock: Decades later, equality... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 33