COLLEGE STATION, Texas — Elston Turner scored 19 points and Ray Turner added 15 and a career-high 15 rebounds as Texas A&M got a 76-58 win over Division II Arkansas Tech on Thursday night.
The win breaks a two-game skid for the Aggies (9-3) in their last non-conference game before opening Big 12 play on Monday against No. 6 Baylor.
Texas A&M was up by 12 points before using an 8-3 run, highlighted by a dunk by freshman Daniel Alexander, to extend its advantage to 51-34 with about 12 minutes remaining.
Arkansas Tech (8-2) was led by Johnie Davis, who had 16 points.
The Aggies outshot Arkansas Tech 51 percent to 35 percent and had 19 more rebounds with 47 total in the game.
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- Felt's Facts Week 2: Utah high school...
- College football predictions: How will... 140
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 48
- Utah football: Utes eye successful start 42