COLLEGE STATION, Texas — Elston Turner scored 19 points and Ray Turner added 15 and a career-high 15 rebounds as Texas A&M got a 76-58 win over Division II Arkansas Tech on Thursday night.
The win breaks a two-game skid for the Aggies (9-3) in their last non-conference game before opening Big 12 play on Monday against No. 6 Baylor.
Texas A&M was up by 12 points before using an 8-3 run, highlighted by a dunk by freshman Daniel Alexander, to extend its advantage to 51-34 with about 12 minutes remaining.
Arkansas Tech (8-2) was led by Johnie Davis, who had 16 points.
The Aggies outshot Arkansas Tech 51 percent to 35 percent and had 19 more rebounds with 47 total in the game.
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU's worldwide fan base highlighted in...
- Brad Rock: Jazz dreaming of a Blazing future
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 103
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 75
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 64
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 45
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27