COLLEGE STATION, Texas — Elston Turner scored 19 points and Ray Turner added 15 and a career-high 15 rebounds as Texas A&M got a 76-58 win over Division II Arkansas Tech on Thursday night.
The win breaks a two-game skid for the Aggies (9-3) in their last non-conference game before opening Big 12 play on Monday against No. 6 Baylor.
Texas A&M was up by 12 points before using an 8-3 run, highlighted by a dunk by freshman Daniel Alexander, to extend its advantage to 51-34 with about 12 minutes remaining.
Arkansas Tech (8-2) was led by Johnie Davis, who had 16 points.
The Aggies outshot Arkansas Tech 51 percent to 35 percent and had 19 more rebounds with 47 total in the game.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 81
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 50
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20
- Utes have a lot of depth on the... 18
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 17