Winslow Townson, Associated Press
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. — Tom Brady missed the New England Patriots first practice of the week with a reported injury to his non-throwing shoulder.
After Wednesday's practice, the Patriots said the quarterback's absence was not injury-related. A report later in the day on Comcast SportsNet said Brady had X-rays to check for a separated left shoulder and was told he was "all set."
Patriots spokesman Stacey James said Thursday, "If there was an injury then it would be on the injury report."
ESPN.com reported Thursday that Brady also would miss Thursday's practice but that the injury isn't severe enough to keep him out of Sunday's game against the Buffalo Bills.
Brady was not in the Patriots locker room Thursday during the open media period. Neither he nor coach Bill Belichick has commented on the reports.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 82
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 62
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 27
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 20