Winslow Townson, Associated Press
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. — Tom Brady missed the New England Patriots first practice of the week with a reported injury to his non-throwing shoulder.
After Wednesday's practice, the Patriots said the quarterback's absence was not injury-related. A report later in the day on Comcast SportsNet said Brady had X-rays to check for a separated left shoulder and was told he was "all set."
Patriots spokesman Stacey James said Thursday, "If there was an injury then it would be on the injury report."
ESPN.com reported Thursday that Brady also would miss Thursday's practice but that the injury isn't severe enough to keep him out of Sunday's game against the Buffalo Bills.
Brady was not in the Patriots locker room Thursday during the open media period. Neither he nor coach Bill Belichick has commented on the reports.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- Utah Jazz: Future of Trevor Booker, Joe...
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- Optimism abounds for the Utah Jazz's future
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16