Winslow Townson, Associated Press
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. — Tom Brady missed the New England Patriots first practice of the week with a reported injury to his non-throwing shoulder.
After Wednesday's practice, the Patriots said the quarterback's absence was not injury-related. A report later in the day on Comcast SportsNet said Brady had X-rays to check for a separated left shoulder and was told he was "all set."
Patriots spokesman Stacey James said Thursday, "If there was an injury then it would be on the injury report."
ESPN.com reported Thursday that Brady also would miss Thursday's practice but that the injury isn't severe enough to keep him out of Sunday's game against the Buffalo Bills.
Brady was not in the Patriots locker room Thursday during the open media period. Neither he nor coach Bill Belichick has commented on the reports.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 34
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 25
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21