Winslow Townson, Associated Press
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. — Tom Brady missed the New England Patriots first practice of the week with a reported injury to his non-throwing shoulder.
After Wednesday's practice, the Patriots said the quarterback's absence was not injury-related. A report later in the day on Comcast SportsNet said Brady had X-rays to check for a separated left shoulder and was told he was "all set."
Patriots spokesman Stacey James said Thursday, "If there was an injury then it would be on the injury report."
ESPN.com reported Thursday that Brady also would miss Thursday's practice but that the injury isn't severe enough to keep him out of Sunday's game against the Buffalo Bills.
Brady was not in the Patriots locker room Thursday during the open media period. Neither he nor coach Bill Belichick has commented on the reports.
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- High school football: Royals rock Grizzlies...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33