Winslow Townson, Associated Press
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. — Tom Brady missed the New England Patriots first practice of the week with a reported injury to his non-throwing shoulder.
After Wednesday's practice, the Patriots said the quarterback's absence was not injury-related. A report later in the day on Comcast SportsNet said Brady had X-rays to check for a separated left shoulder and was told he was "all set."
Patriots spokesman Stacey James said Thursday, "If there was an injury then it would be on the injury report."
ESPN.com reported Thursday that Brady also would miss Thursday's practice but that the injury isn't severe enough to keep him out of Sunday's game against the Buffalo Bills.
Brady was not in the Patriots locker room Thursday during the open media period. Neither he nor coach Bill Belichick has commented on the reports.
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out for...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Gordon Hayward's buzzer-beater extends Jazz...
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 32
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 25
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for... 22