EL PASO, Texas — Utah will be without starting defensive tackle Dave Kruger in Saturday's Sun Bowl game against Georgia Tech. The junior, who has played in all 12 games this season, is out with a leg infection that began to develop about a week ago. There is no structural damage.
"He's one of our mainstays up front," said Utah coach Kyle Whittingham. "But other guys have got to pick up the slack."
Star Lotulelei, James Aiono and Tevita Finau, he noted, will handle things inside without Kruger.
The offensive line could also be shorthanded.
Whittingham said that left guard Miles Mason is questionable with an elbow injury.
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 92
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 44
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33