EL PASO, Texas — Utah will be without starting defensive tackle Dave Kruger in Saturday's Sun Bowl game against Georgia Tech. The junior, who has played in all 12 games this season, is out with a leg infection that began to develop about a week ago. There is no structural damage.
"He's one of our mainstays up front," said Utah coach Kyle Whittingham. "But other guys have got to pick up the slack."
Star Lotulelei, James Aiono and Tevita Finau, he noted, will handle things inside without Kruger.
The offensive line could also be shorthanded.
Whittingham said that left guard Miles Mason is questionable with an elbow injury.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 81
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25