EL PASO, Texas — Utah will be without starting defensive tackle Dave Kruger in Saturday's Sun Bowl game against Georgia Tech. The junior, who has played in all 12 games this season, is out with a leg infection that began to develop about a week ago. There is no structural damage.
"He's one of our mainstays up front," said Utah coach Kyle Whittingham. "But other guys have got to pick up the slack."
Star Lotulelei, James Aiono and Tevita Finau, he noted, will handle things inside without Kruger.
The offensive line could also be shorthanded.
Whittingham said that left guard Miles Mason is questionable with an elbow injury.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 112
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 36
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 29
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans... 19