Jae C. Hong, Associated Press
ANAHEIM, Calif. — Wisconsin and Oregon both returned to the Rose Bowl this week determined to succeed on the fabled field after losing in their last trips.
But first, they had to conquer the Matterhorn and some whirling teacups.
The No. 6 Ducks (11-2) and the ninth-ranked Badgers (11-2) descended on Disneyland on Tuesday for the traditional start to Rose Bowl week festivities. Both teams basked in the the warm sun on a picture-perfect Orange County day, although Wisconsin coach Bret Bielema assured fans the weather was exactly the same back in Madison.
With Bielema wearing flip-flops and Oregon's Chip Kelly in plaid shorts, both coaches spoke of a mutual respect between two very different teams.
Wisconsin lost last season's Rose Bowl to TCU, while Oregon lost two years ago to Ohio State.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 63
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 24
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 21